What don't you get blizzard. You are giving better players a +10 handicap with gear

What does blizzard not see here?

The better the player is, the more skilled they are, the bigger the gap between them and the tier of players become with the way the gear system is.

It’s like playing a basketball game, and you are playing 3 v 3, you and your average sized friends are playing 3 v 3 against Lebron James. Now add to the fact that because they are higher rated and in the NBA, they are also given better basketball equipment, better physical therapy and to top it off, when they shoot as 3 pointer, it counts as a 4 pointer.

What doesn’t blizzard get how ****ed up this system sounds?

In a competitive environment, wouldn’t it be the other way, where the better player tells the lesser skilled player “Okay, here if you make a 3 pointer on me, it will count as 5 points, to even the playing field”

Arena Gearing system is a system that makes players who don’t even need it, much much stronger.

19 Likes

Because it gets you playing longer, its not about it being fun, its about getting you to play more.

15 Likes

As per the last poster and with a lot of things it’s been a business for a while more than it is a game.

Blizzard doesn’t care about fairness or about a good “feel” as much as they do about their quarterly bonuses.

Justl ike they don’t care about the state of these forums most of the time.

What can you do it is what it is.

Hopefully a new solid game with developers that are in it for the content not the money shows up soon.

8 Likes

I don’t disagree with you guys. I also can imagine, all those frat boy blizzard execs just laughing at this system as they plan it, in the meeting room as they think of all their shareholder bonuses.

its not even the “frat boy culture.” if you recall the old guard is what gave us the good content prior to BFA.
It was under activision that blizzard changed their metrics and we got the crap show we have now.

3 Likes

yup, i know exactly what you mean. i used to work at a company, that got acquired by a bigger company, and all they did was gut and squeeze it, till work became so stressful and constant squeezing of everything, constant cutting corners till it was eventually dried up and everyone from original company left and all the assets were assimilated.

I have a feeling it’s the exact same thing at activision blizzard, trying to really squeeze everything it can from blizzard products.

5 Likes

TenCent has their claw in the company too, I’m sure they have some major influence even with a minority share

We need to understand first that Rated is corrupt and has been corrupt for several years now. Rated is not where you go to really learn PvP. So skillwise, they should be more like the pushovers. Blizzard HAS to give them the handicap just so they can compete against those more skilled without gear. Because they can do nothing about you getting your butt handed to you by someone who outplayed you, but they can give you the gear to better handle it.

3 streetballers who play all the time and are used to those rigors should easily take on 3 Nerds and Babies Associates who just show up for a paycheck. Not that’s the way it usually goes in basketball, of course.

The short version is: here’s gear because you can’t or won’t get gudder.

are you on drugs and how many did you inject

4 Likes

You are 100% monkey brain

LeBron could be wearing paper bags as shoes and would still dunk on you every time btw

6 Likes

Congratulations! You have been awarded the coveted, “Most Idiotic Post of the Week”!

3 Likes

The pvp rating item lvl gaps are a joke, 3 item lvls between each rating bracket would deff help. When we run RBG the first thing we look at is HP and regardless of many circumstances we automatically go after the lowest HP healer and dps out of the gate.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I expected to hear. Of course you’re going to defend your club membership. Why shouldn’t you? You think the most important thing about your place in the game is your right to be in the clubhouse.

Na, I just know your take is hilariously dumb.

2 Likes

So your post made me read his post and now I’m mad I read his post

3 Likes

I stopped caring a long time ago. I can frag rated people all day long in open-world. That’s as dumb as it gets hilariously, when you think ratings automatically means they actually know how to PvP. As I’ve explained it, you don’t learn how to get gud until you beat your head at something with blues on, but that’s getting into the “1%” kind of talk that doesn’t apply to the vast majority of us here.

But again, do enjoy your ratings-only gear and the new changes that helps galvanize your kind AWAY from everyone else. I got to appreciate Blizzard’s sense of poetic justice sometimes.

But why am I saying all this? Because the more time I spend trying to get the gear, the less time I’m out there hunting, and time is something you don’t get back once spent. Since after Legion I never felt like I had to do Rated content. I take what I can get and roll with it or not roll with it. And then when I realize I can gank Rivals and Duelists I can see that Arena and RBG can do nothing special about improving my game.

You typed that entire novel just to say, “I suck”?

Hardstuck.

If they cared about skill… Ret, Condem, or Convoke wouldn’t exists and they’d balance their game. Yet some players are playing 100 times better but their spec doesn’t have a one shot, insane healing, and doesn’t have useful utility so they lose.

I didn’t have to take sides, but your petulant behavior is only encouraging me to take sides against you. Maybe you’ll learn to PvP for real and I would respect you more. Hmm, sounds like that’s something EARNED.

Assuming I even competed. Don’t talk to me because I haven’t done Arena since S2 in TBC Retail. I answered a far better calling than to be a phumper.