What does a Sylvanas victory look like?

And the only reason Sylvanas can throw any blame on Saurfang is because Tyrande didn’t kill Saurfang where he was. In A Good War Sylvanas was literally holding the bloody axe in her hand after having pulled it from Malfurion’s back. And she walked away.

2 Likes

Why would she need to leave them alone for that to happen? I mean he had already concluded the infamous “dishonorable blow” I’m hesitate to even mention his enter the rogues plan because he doesn’t feel that is dishonorable.

1 Like

If Malfurion’s death was so important she should have killed him right then and there. Sylvanas is making this a bad habit after letting Genn walk away at Stormheim.

Oh you’re preaching to the choir lol

Bad writing?
Bad writing plot device?
Character flaw?

IMO Arthas scurrying away after she wrecked him was done right. Genn walking out trying to go unnoticed during Sunday’s sermon and her walking away without Malfurion’s head in her grasp is bad writing plot armor.

In-game she left the Alliance player alive, too.

For all the hate that Banshee witch gets, she has a history of sparing people…

So they can get her later.

Arthas. Varimathras. Malfurion. The Alliance Player.

Along this line - it is interesting that she honored her deal with Crowley.

2 Likes

Hmm … well I’m not overtly opposed to the usage of rogues (and the attacking of civilians were from those rogues acting DESPITE Saurfang’s apparent orders; not working WITHIN them).

Bluntly, if Orcish conceptions of Honor was so dogmatic that it did not allow for any form of reasonable tactics, then the Orcish species would have been wiped out ages ago (and Orcish Clans like the Laughing Skull; Shattered Hand; and Bleeding Hollow would have been pretty much doomed to dishonor from the offset). There has to be some flexibility to it, or its suicidal.

Orcs were not one of the big-fish species on Draenor. If all they were allowed to do under Orcish conception of Honor is attack in straight lines … there wouldn’t be Orcs (they aren’t going to win in straight up fights against the more physically impressive races like Ogres, Ogron, and Gronn).

1 Like

Same thing as the Lich King’s; The complete and utter conversion of every living being on the planet into undead.

Except in this particular case the Alliance are the champions she’s been testing and playing around with to see if they’re worthy and is planning on turning into her undead champions as an unstoppable force that wash over all remaining bastions of opposition.

4 Likes

and she abandons killing her sisters in the comic too. Not that I blame her. They would be very whiny as undead.

1 Like

Often the Burning overshadows the sheer insanity that was Sylvanas’ ‘best case scenario’, and that most of all showcases what a victory for her and the Horde would look like.

If eeeverything had gone according to the plan she and Saurfang had written out, thousands of kaldorei civilians would have been trapped in Teldrassil, with no way to get food, and certainly not enough room for all of them to have proper shelter. They would have been maltreated, starved, and probably used for experiments when Saurfang wasn’t around. And how long was she planning on holding them?

That’s what tips me off to what a victory for Sylvanas would look like, that ‘best case scenario’ of hers, and the rest of the Horde’s. Thousands of civilians held hostage for days on end, by people who would actively mistreat them and abuse them, before being exiled from their homes with nothing but the shirts on their backs, no doubt with most of their animal companions and natural allies destroyed.

1 Like

So, aside from this effectively killing the Alliance player base, wouldn’t this have made more sense for the Alliance to do this to Org after the defeat of Garrosh?

The Blighting of Gilneas, the Bombing of Theramore, the Ambush at Mord’rethar, the betrayal at Corp’rethar, the Devastation of The Vale of Eternal Blossoms, the Destruction of the Druid school in Stonetalon, the Melting of Southshore, we would have been able to slice Org up like a Pizza by that logic.

If we wanna talk about “Stormheim-like” Aggression, there was plenty before that that actually got us to Stormheim.

3 Likes

Oh man, I would die laughing if that’s what this was all working towards.

Implying Sylvanas would let any of them leave alive. Why do that when she could enslave them for labor, either like Theresa or as obedient zombies? She’d also need plenty of test subjects for RAS experiments. “Ruthless pragmatism”, remember?

1 Like

Did she make it out?

We need an official head count.

Who Theresa? God I hope not. She’s suffered enough.

This would be so bad after all that has happened that I want Blizzard to try this route. I dare them.

I’ve been screaming this since Stormheim. Sure, Stlavans getting Eyir means a lot of bodies to throw against the Legion, but what about after? You now have all those bodies at the command of a less than stable person, who also now has infinite lives. It sure would be a “For the Horde” moment when they finally destroy the last Alliance city, only for it then to change to Org getting gassed. Or Thunderbluff. Or anything not immediately ‘hers’.

And Cursewords, I beg you to stop posting that ending. It is so mind numbinly unfair and downright hateful you could confuse it for the 9.0 Nelf script

3 Likes

Complete eradication of several player races. Thus never happening.

1 Like

You forget the valkyr would also have meant the forsaken could have been put through the ritual that improved Nathanos. Along with bringing them the security of not rotting and looking humanish again, the ritual also restores at least part of the ability to feel positive emotions, meaning a secure and emotionally stable Forsaken would have no reason to turn on the Allies they already have a functional relationship with.

I’m fuzzy on the lore, but didn’t that ritual also cost the life of a cousin/nephew for Nathanos?

And isn’t it true that all of these extra lives for Sylvanas comes at the cost of damning the Val’kyr to an eternity of torture?And infinite lives means infinite damnations?