What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

And more race class combos would help a lot too.

The closest to an equivalent we have is Genn, but any time he goes rogue or does something BA, both factions complain about it. Thereā€™s no winning lol

People keep going back to buffing the racials, and I understand why we have got use to them using the racial yoyo in the past, but a PVE sytle warmode buff that works for raiding and mythic instead something like 10% haste or damage idkā€¦ for whichever faction on said grouping is below a certain percentage in participation. This will would allow them to adjust it, turn it off, and even apply to horde for say the oceanic servers.

Yeah at this point they might as well just open the door for all race/class combos. Not like lore is stopping them anymoreā€¦

1 Like

Racials are some of the reason, but aesthetics are what draw most people to factions.

Actually, there are more Blood elves than any other race in the game. Humans are 2nd.

I wonder if Void Elves had a larger class selection, better customization, and werenā€™t behind an AR rep grind if it wouldā€™ve boosted alliance by a substantial amount.

I was thinking Dwarf, Gnome, Human as human species, not Elves. Thatā€™s like six races whose only real difference is height.

I mean elves are just humans with pointy earsā€¦

Give me some scissors and Iā€™ll make myself an elf.

Right. But they have pointy ears and long eyebrows. A different language.

In the case of NE, Iā€™m purple with fangs.

Dwarves have bushy long eyebrows, longer than average beards, a different languageā€¦

Anyway, my point was people seem to be drawn to Hordeā€™s racial variety as well as their racial abilities compared to Allianceā€™s. If you disagree, fine. If you want to nitpick, Iā€™m not going to continue arguing.

The superior # of endgame guilds on the Horde side is what makes it so attractive.

There are only 2 ways to fix it:

1. Make Alliance racials much stronger than Horde ones on the PvE side to make entire guilds transfer over.
  2. Remove the faction barrier for PvE content.

Agreed, something needs to be done.

Ah yes, letā€™s use divisive and insulting comments to make our point. That always helps, right?

Cross faction grouping for PvE content is really the only option I see that can quickly sort out the current participation imbalance between Horde and Alliance. However, what you are calling for in this thread is blatant advantages for one faction over the other. Then youā€™re insulting the ones who donā€™t get the advantages. Are you even trying to be constructive at this point?

I disagree.

Thingā€™s that could address these issues:

• Large Connected Realms
  • Better aesthetic options
  • Getting rid of mythic raid xrealm wait time
  • Loosening AR grinds
  • Opening up more race class combos

Racials really donā€™t mean much, because if they did all mythic raid guilds would be alliance.

1 Like

Just because you switch from Alliance to Horde in order to try and have a better opportunity for end game doesnā€™t mean that they will actually invite you into their guilds. Because they have a larger playerbase they can be pickierā€¦so be prepared to chase the meta in race/class if you havenā€™t already.

And if you were already a mythic raider there are still Alliance servers (Frostmourne) pushing for firsts. Or just looking for community, large Alliance pops (Like Stormrage).

Donā€™t be ridiculous. The top raiders will switch and everyone else will follow.

Right. Like how the top raiders switched over for literally one week and everyone followed?

People like to watch the top raiders, very few can emulate what they do.

Do what WoD Did and Heroic AoTC rewards a moose, and Mythic first boss drops a slightly bigger two headed moose, Cutting Edge awards a even bigger three headed moose.

Then all the alliance who want to get a moose buy carries and then all the people switch to sell carries and get rich and people get moose or decide that gearing up to get the dang stuff instead of buying a carry would be cheaper and Bravo.

If the focus is on players is silly sure. Take a look at mythics, Sure, horde has hundreds but if you have a tank and a healer dps are still 5-8 applications every few minutes. Does it matter to me or adversely affect me if say the horde has double the groups and double the players applying if i can still do the same content and fill a party in 2 minutes? Sure maybe if youā€™re pushing 2000+ on alliance but for the weekly 10s it hardly matters. Plus if you can do a high level dungeon in 40 minutes that drops 30% more loot, or do two 10s in 25 minutes for twice as much loot, why not? You can just grind 10s faster and do those in more times for the same loot as you get progressively better.

I donā€™t give a ratā€™s backside about whether or not there are 1-2 minute ques vs grabbing dps, i just want something better than a 97 - 12 Horde to alliance guilds where the endgame representation is 8:1 while all other expansions were like 1:1 or like 3:2 at worse, But i donā€™t remember severe depopulation ever being a competitive problem before BFA before, is population loss really that bad?

I remember 10 man mythic existing before WoD and the complaint was that people could say, que 12/17 people and not go 13 to avoid a third mechanic being added. Big whoop, week 1 min maxxers are min maxxing. But then eventually even the mythic players get lower mythic bosses on farm and then that 1% that mattered a week ago is 10% over and they start making the healers go dps to farm.

Another thing they could do, is feature the halls of fame and open up cross faction Mythic raiding for Alliance and maybe horde so people could connect. Itā€™s no open secret that all the servers are cross linked now to give the illusion of thriving when you have 5 servers linked to one with even apparently highest pop servers like 75% ally moonguard linked with Horde Wyrmrest accord with rock eating mud hut boar bbq rps and thenā€¦ nothing really more.

Do i need some guy watching what times i can take a test, go study irl, a job schedule? Nah tried and donā€™t care, i want to have fun lol. I donā€™t care but i would like to have enough people to even form a group to give a shot at the first few just for the heck of it once or twice or M+ content awarding mythic rewards at high enough keys sounds good to me.

Even if the content individually is much more challenging, the challenge should be in the game itself, not baby sitting or being micromanaged by 20 other different people for how often the main tank smokes, the main healerā€™s ramen, or the best dps dropping raid because they were being poached by another guild 3 M levels ahead for parsing 98% on the mage meters for their ilvl only for the gleader to go full on paranoia purging?

I just want to hop in, play as challenging content as i want and be rewarded to it, but not locked to a 20-40 hour week schedule and treat playing a game like a full time unpaid job when i do. Thats why i like M+, i can hop in, play what i want, and hop off when iā€™m Done. But, it would be pretty neat if you could have 5 man Raid style content or elite+++ mythic dungeons with weekly lockouts like a miniraid. Such as say a ā€œMythic Heroā€™s modeā€, where you could say 5 man group to fight mythic raid quality bosses with entire fights built around the add. You could tune it so dps numbers and heal/tank numbers could be equivilent or harder than mythic content and needing everyone to push 110%, because itā€™s easier to organize 5-10 people than 20. Or maybe something like a 1-2-4 for 7-10 man miniraid content could be a lot more feasible and easier to do. Seriously who cares about evenness, i think 7 man content could be a sweet spot number for ā€œevenly sized raid with more people, but enough to split things upā€

Jesus calm down fella