What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

The story will not pull the top players back to the alliance
Cosmetics will not pull top players back to the alliance
Removing factions is a non-starter

The only solution is an incentive built around gameplay mechanics coupled with free transfers

Well, you failed at your own suggestion.

Gratz.

I’m rubber and your glue stops working after kindergarten.

The thing is you can’t think of it in terms of re-allocating the current population. The only way to solve it is for new players to have reason to pick alliance. They are just not getting strong incentive to go alliance as new players, meanwhile horde are getting vulpera and other cool stuff that strongly appeals to new players.

The only hope for the alliance is new players though. It’s going to take a long time for the imbalance to solve itself and mechagnomes are not the answer, especially when you’re giving horde vulpera at the same time. High elves were the answer even though they don’t want to. Or an alliance troll race with raptor mounts. Something like that. If you don’t give new players something to be excited about picking alliance for, the imbalance is only going to worsen and worsen until alliance is just a mistake. It’s already a mistake to pick alliance.

2 Likes

As does blanket labeling a group “lame”.

Adults recognize “nuance”.

:sleeping: lame response.

This is why Alliance is bleeding players. So lame.

Better Race availability. Alliance has been shafted on Allied Races. That is why I shifted form Alliance to Horde.

4 Likes

One big fix could be getting rid of the Hall of Heroes crap for mythic raiding. If you want to keep it realm exclusive for a certain amount of time, that’s fine. But have it as a static number of weeks, not hinged upon X many guilds completing the raid.

You see mass guild burn out because guilds can’t retain members and can’t recruit because some realms are med to low pop. By the time it becomes xrealm the guilds have given up.

Merge dead servers.

Merge dead servers.

If you have horde dominant dead server and alliance dominant dead server…

Merge the dead servers.

5 Likes

So, hide the problem instead of addressing it or trying to fix it?

yeah no.

Wouldn’t it help to merge servers then? I mean its kind of stupid to have next to dead servers in the first place

2 Likes

I said one fix, not THE fix. It’s going to take several changes to fix the raiding imbalance between the factions.

I have no problem with that either, server clusters are a good idea.

1 Like

No, don’t even hold it up for one day. When the raid opens immediately allow cross-realm raid teams and cross-realm guilds. With the population as fragmented as it is, on day one:

Can’t agree more. By now everyone knows the “full” and “high” status are a lie which means the “low” servers may as well be labeled “graveyard”.

But Blizz’s pride won’t allow that.

I dunno if its pride, probably more money to squeeze out of people for realm transfers.

Along those lines, it’s been clear since BC that non-human races are the most popular. Alliance is in dire need of more, especially with Vulpera being released.

Seriously, Alliance’s next AR or race has to be a dark or “ugly” race or we’re doomed at the Creation Screen.

1 Like

There is only one way and that’s to buff alliance racials and nerf horde racials. Devs created this faction imbalance and they’re the only ones who can fix it.

I agree with merges being a good idea…you need to figure out the way around screams from the forums about the people losing names, but otherwise it just makes sense.

Right, by re-creating the same problem in reverse.

2 Likes