What do you think could help the Alliance retain end-game participants?

but your not going to get someone to start raiding just because you give them the option to be a gnome pally or something

Nobody has ever said such in this thread.
Please read.

Edit: You don’t even appear to participate in hardcore end game content (or have ever), nor do I think you actively do anything to encourage new people to start raiding, especially considering your attitude. Y i k e s.

1 Like

you sure about that?

Allow cross-realm guilds.

Eliminate all barriers to cross-realming raids.

Stop.

3 Likes

I’d write an xpac where the Horde achieves total victory over the Alliance. Tyrande, Genn and Baine are executed and their heads put on display in Org as a warning. The Alliance races are folded into the Horde after swearing allegiance to our new Warchief Dumass (removing the faction barrier and enabling grouping for party content). All who don’t swear will be hunted for sport.

1 Like

…I think you have issues with reading comprehension in this case so I don’t know what to say. Please reread the context and try responding again after thinking more carefully.

that was in response to shirt not you

Yeah it’s the same thing either way, look at how you responded to my post. “You sure about that” Yes? 100%? ???
edit: Also wtf, it wasn’t a response to shirt, it was a response to me. Yes, I 100% know that loosening up the race/class restrictions on alliance side would help the faction imbalance, which would then help the end game imbalance. I am really struggling to understand how you can’t see these two things as interconnected issues, but whatever. It is a numbers game, that’s all I can say. It’s not complicated, having more alliance means a healthier end game community. That is why horde has a thriving end game community, because they have the numbers to support it.

Meanwhile i’ll be over here on mg writing a fantasy novel about how Rakham would fall in love with a leg of ham, swoon off merrily into the sunset, cry as Manduin, Glorious Master race chested Anduin stares at him as your flesh began burning, and Sylvanas turned into a pony in la la land as the Fire nation took over :smile: In fan writing nothing can be impossibru!

Mechagnome level busted racials but implement said level of bustedness to a race that the Alliance might actually want to play. Probably would get a lot of hardcore participants to swap.

Not saying its the right thing to do, but it would work.

:croissant:

thats literally what you say here my reading comprehension is fine

why would i when welfare gear gives me max IL and kills any actual progression through content.

edit go back and look at my legion logs friend

Yeah I’m not switching to alliance just because they open up midget paladins.

MAYBE if they gave us free faction and realm transfers…

Nawh, your reading comprehension is not fine in this case. I don’t know how it normally is and I’m not commenting on that, but you’re really really confused here and need to look back at what you are responding to, who you are talking to, what you are reading, what you are writing, it’s all wrong.

1 Like

literally wasnt even talking to you i quoted you in a response to Shirt why are you even arguing with me?

Even still, their context is terrible.

Frankly, as somebody who has spent /years/ in the community assisting new people in raiding for the first time, this is the worst I’ve seen for community introductory events on Alliance.

Yet I see a surplus of them on Horde. And bar one single community - which is struggling and dying on Alliance participation (Oasis) - the Horde’s entry level PvP scene is also a stark difference.

If you want to start learning to raid for the first time on Alliance, it’s doable, but frankly, even casual guilds are dying off, and the cross-realm options are struggling. Seeing “Horde Only” in groups like Perky Pugs and beginner groups?

Yeah, I think enticing “casuals” to stick with their faction by giving them cool stuff to begin with is certainly something that can be done as one of several options.

But what do I know.
It’s not like I did hundreds of raids with casuals on Openraid, sold challenge modes, hosted learning workshops, and pretty much helped run one the few “entry level” PvP/PvE entry groups on a sever full of legitimately casual players- one where Horde is starting to get the bias as well for end game content, including casual.

I am not the person they want to be arguing anything to do with “casual players” with. I’m practically my server’s grandma for getting them to start raiding.
update: and to PvP to 2k+. The amount of elite sets I’ve helped crap out before I went back Alliance is still something I take pride of to this day. Now I can’t even queue.

1 Like

Dude you must be zoomed out of your mind because you’ve been making post after post. The one I replied to had nothing from shirt in it. Are you okay?

1 Like

They are literally responding to you, then claiming they’re responding to me.
If they want to pull that card, they need to use the “quote whole post” button, and stop saying “gnome paladin” when we’re talking about entire races.

1 Like

please read for context

that quoted weird for some reason

Maybe we could start by changing the automatic assumption that “end-game” = raids and whatever else.

But then you’d have to rename the thread “What do you think could help the Alliance get more people into raiding/warfronts/etc?”

And trust me, there’s absolutely nothing you could do that would make me interested in it.

2 Likes