What Do I Need To Know From lvl 100 to lvl 120

I lived this game from about 2005 to 2014, and then left. I am back to normal now. I tried some other games, but never anywhere near the immersion of this game. So cautiously, I am considering returning in time to be ready for that same immersion come Shadowlands. Any heads up on what I need to know, what I need to do, to be ready, all will be greatly appreciated. TY in advance.

I have resubscribed and looked around a bit for the last day and a half. There is obviously a lot I do not remember, and much that is new. A. Is there a good site for catching up on it all? B. Will I need to buy the expansion that was from 100 to 110, and this present expansion, in order to play the Shadowlands Expansion? C. And even if I could get by, should I in order to learn and truly be ready?

As far as class guides go, icy-veins.com is pretty much the go to source. Their guides will be written for max level, but it’s easy enough to follow along with things like talents and rotational advice before you get to max level yourself.

If you get stuck on a quest or need to look up an item, achievement, etc., wowhead is still the best source as the user comments will generally touch on the spots that people find trouble with. Youtube videos are a good source for visualizing your way through tricky spots as well.

If you’re interested in catching up on lore, Nobbel87 on youtube makes excellent videos for that.

Other than that, there’s not really a one-stop-shop sort of website that covers everything.

Short answer, no.

Long answer, your subscription gives you access to everything before the current expansion. In your case since you last played in WoD, you’ll now have access to Legion content and be able to level to 110 without purchasing anything extra. Once Shadowlands comes out, BFA will be rolled into the base game and you would then have access to that.

Should you want to play current content right now, you would need to upgrade your account to BFA, and then again when Shadowlands comes out.

The game is pretty good at introducing you to the systems and features associated with the newest content. I’m sure you would catch back on rather quickly as there’s nothing intrinsically difficult about WoW.

You’ll find that a lot of classes underwent complete overhauls in Legion, so some that you used to play may seem foreign to you now. A couple of the biggest examples of this being Survival Hunter is now a Melee spec, and Discipline Priest largely moved away from shields and into a new playstyle where it heals allies by damaging enemies.

It will just be a matter of getting back on the bike and pedaling. You’ll largely remember how to ride it, but it might take a few weeks before you’re able to do a wheelie again. :wink:

2 Likes

At the end of Legion, artifact weapons were depowered. (And that applies to everyone, even those without BfA.) You can still upgrade the ilvl of the artifact by putting relics in, so it will level just fine with you through Leigon content. It can make for a bit of weirdness, though. You’ll notice a lot of grey vendor trash quest rewards. Originally, they powered up the artifact, but now they are just some sweet extra gold.

To start Legion, you should have a quest that popped up that will start the content. (If not, head to the hero’s call board and look for “The Legion Returns.”) From there, the quest “In the Blink of an Eye” will pop up which will have you teleport Dalaran to the Broken Isles. Once you turn that in, hang around Dalaran for a few minutes (do some exploring) and an NPC from the Order Hall will track you down. That will start the quest line to get your first artifact and open up your Class Hall. Once that is done, you’ll be directed to pick a zone to start questing in.

1 Like

Awesome response. You nailed it for me. I really appreciate your time and help!

And I liked your response as well, because you supplemented what had been said, stayed on point, and that really helps! These forums have changed for the better since so many years ago.

I’d stay away from general discussion if you want to keep that positivity about the forums :sweat_smile:

1 Like