What do good DHs do better than bad ones?

Really struggling in threes lately and I think it must be me. I don’t feel I contribute much cc

More gushing wounds.

8 Likes

Press their 3/3 buttons

1 Like

I literally have 9

ok i was jk. Probably is a communication issue with your partners in order to land a good cc when looking for a kill or something.

Well to be fair I would have to see videos of you playing to see what you are and are not doing.

I have a crappy computer how can I record my games

• Heroic/Mythic raid for 2x Unguent Caress
  • Use correct essences and traits
  • Have versa/haste gear in every single slot
  • Have every slot socketed
  • Never de-target healer
2 Likes

how crappy?

It takes 1 minute to load everything in boralus after I log in

1 Like

samiyam just streamed some dh games the other day, he’s a great educational stream on anything he plays. offhand, not being a dh player, the things i noticed him and other good dhs doing that lower ones don’t are being proactive and VERY communicative with their healer about what cooldowns(blur, dark, reverse, dh’s trinket to enable all of these in stun goes) they have and what they want to trade.
moving ahead of a go can be a massive difference as well; being stunned in the center of tolviron arena at 80% health instead of stunned on the pillar closest to your own healer and away from the enemy at 95% 2 globals later can easily be the difference between living or dying against the pressure something like jungle or rmx brings every 25 seconds, and one well-timed fel rush can be the catalyst of that difference.
doing these things well as a dh will help evade the tax of spending your whole corruption budget on gushing.

1 Like

Oddly enough, I’m targeted maybe 5-10% of the games I play. DH for some reason is never the kill target in low MMR 3s. I’ve never felt running gush over verse harmed me in any real ways. I also never target enemy DHs, are they more viable than I thibk

Just like any other class in the game

Being on point with everything

Dps
interrupts
Stuns
Pre-planning anticipation and awareness

Oh I mean “hurrrrrr durrrrrrrrr press blade dance and proc gushing”

could depend a lot more on comp than my post assumes, i don’t see dh alongside attractive targets like destro/mage a lot. i see stuff with access to stuns look at dh as a target fairly often, especially if the comp has a lot of physical damage on tap.
these days i think anybody with 2 drests and a storm bolt can 100-0 a dh if they give it a fair shot

1 Like

The lower the IQ of the DH, the better the performance.

15 Likes

As long as you’re good at getting out damage, which is easy as a DH, your biggest improvements are going to come from improving position and CC.

Know when to CC offensively and be in a good position to quickly use Reverse Magic for your healer or drop Darkness on a setup. Also use CC proactively to stop setups.

Playing vs RMP and it’s been a while since their last go? Start inching towards your healer to reverse his poly.

See pally running in for a HOJ? Throw an Imprison on him.

Playing vs mage lock and you have no interrupts or cooldowns up? Start getting closer to a pillar or pool your mobility to get out of line of site.

Make sure you’re not running behind pillars and Line of sighting healers unless you’re certain you won’t get punished for it.

This is precisely the problem with the class and why it feels so bad to play. I don’t really feel like I have too much outplay potential with DH because you have so few things you can actually do and can’t contribute to slowing the game down at all like you can on other classes. You are literally just a PvE monster that rolls your face on your keyboard just the same as all the other DH’s.

Because Demon Hunters have so few things they can actually do in the game, better Demon hunters just do a good job of knowing how to land kills…kicking, into full Fel eruption, DR’ed nova and drest flame. Legit the only thing you can even do as a DH to be better than other DH’s is to land kicks and not mess up stun DRs…which most DH’s do anyway and still manage to kill people.

^^^ is why the class is really incredibly dumb. I don’t even mind the ridiculous constant pressure they put out, I just hate feeling like you don’t have to exercise any class ingenuity WHATSOEVER to win as DH. Which also REALLY starts to feel shi*ty when you start Q’ing in to high rated players that can actually play the game well and you just have so few tools to use.

1 Like

dh is 3 buttons, my class is 4 buttons.

i am so much better than you, and i hate you, i hope ur computer gets a virus u 3 button class playing nerd.

Is it? Let’s see: Demon’s Bite, Chaos Strike, Eye Beam, Blade Dance, Immolation Aura and Purge, which has to be used on cd all games.

Warlock destro: Icinerate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt and Fear.

Let’s suppose DH is playing Demon’s Blade spec, which takes of demon’s bite and immo aura and adds felblade. Still has more buttons to press than a warlock. And his class don’t has 650k hp and a passive shield of soul leech.

This whining is so useless. Warlocks are probably the easiest class to play right now and one of the strongest on arenas and PVE. Dhs are a great class on 2s. And that’s it.

Warlock is definitely harder to play well than DH only because you have a much broader toolkit. The difference between good and bad DH’s is narrow because you can’t really do much as a class where as the difference between good and bad warlocks is literally night and day. It’s really easy to be a good warlock. But there are almost no great warlocks. The class has tons of utility and using / lining up damage and using it at the right times requires a much higher skill cap than anything a Demon hunter ever has to do.

The fact that you equate “buttons” to skill cap is kind of the smoking gun that you really don’t have much knowledge as to what you’re talking about. And lets just say it did; you’re wrong again. Warlocks have the most buttons in the game. A million more buttons than DH; from summoning multiple pets mid match based on what is going on, pet positioning and management, purging, dispelling, kicking, setting up damage at the right time, etc. As a matter of fact, Warlocks are so stupid precisely BECAUSE they have every button in the game.

And just because Demon Hunters aren’t a particularly great choice in 3’s vs. how broken Destro is doesn’t make destro the “easier” class.

1 Like