What could they give ret to make them more viable in M+

I’m having a hard time getting into 15’s even though I have 15’s and 16"s done of the same dungeons, someone said it’s because ret brings nothing to the table, so if that’s the case what could Blizz do to make ret more viable?

1. any class can do 15-16’s hands down. im usually top dps in 15’s. people who dont bring specific classes to a 15 key due to “meta” are dumb as bricks.

2. blessings. a unique aura for ret would be cool. but giving paladins blessings again would really up our usage in keys.

4 Likes

A 15-20% damage buff, bring back BFA wog, remove gcd on all defensives, fix the threat and bring back auto bubble.

1 Like

3% haste aura for your party

More uptime on Avenging Wrath is really all it would take. Could do random procs a la Vision of Perfection, or some way to reduce the cooldown of AW while it is not active.

4 Likes

No rng, no. We already have too much RNG, we don’t need more.

‘‘every holy power spent reduces the cooldown of Avenging Wrath by X seconds.’’
‘‘Using Wake of Ashes grants you Avenging Wrath for 10seconds.’’

2 Likes

nooooo on that wake of ashes suggestion. demonic is the reason why demon hunters cd is bad. icy veins is heading that route with frost mages and thus will always be weak. we cannot have a ability that gives us our main cd for any amount of time because that will lead to our cd being untuned because we have “high uptime”

Wings effects never changed. except during Legion were wings was buffed to 30% damage and healing, and then back to 20% with bfa, but also adding 20% crit.

And wings wasnt nerfed when we had VoP.
So I don’t see why they would ever nerf wings if we have that.

VOP is borrowed power, way different from a talent of baseline ability providing our main cd for a set amount of time. icy veins for frost mage is legit a horrible CD but its conduit makes it high uptime to compensate for being bad. demonic talent is the reason why meta is a 4min cd and doesnt jack but provide a haste buff for DH. if we get more uptime on wings, theres a real chance we’ll see wings nerfed depending on uptime gained.

Run your own key or make friends. You queuing up for other people’s +15 means you are also competing against others who have +17,18,19,ect timed for the same 3 DPS slots. If there are 10 people who apply and I get to choose from someone who timed a +15 or a +20, I am obviously going to with the +20.

Let us go full Retribution by definition and punish. Remove some utility heals and make more damage focused w/ cc replace. We would be kind of cheap with bubble/heals and top dps so a sacrifice should be made.

1 Like

In mythic+, you’re probably less likely to have a Hpal and a Ret Paladin than say a 30 man raid, obviously.

So a few quick fixes:

1. Aura Mastery given to Ret - Does not stack
  2. Judgement Bounces
  3. BoJ/CS Cleave
1 Like

Every spec can get 3,000 IO.
I am Outlaw bruh. Hands down the worst spec in the game right now for keys.
And yes, Ferals, Rets, BMs, WW are all beating Outlaw by damage :slight_smile:

Not quite. Baseline 3% DR is quite nice. Self bubble, offheal, BoP, Freedom, Sack are all very powerful utilities, not to mention a ~30s stun if talented.

I’ve run many 18/19’s with rets pulling 15+ dps in overall, with insane 40+ bursts with all CDs.

There is a bad stigma associated with them, but it’s been getting better.

HOWEVER, they need to bring back BFA gbok/gbow/gbom. So paladin can buff tank, can buff healer and can buff self or some other physical like warrior/hunter/rogue.

1 Like

Rng wings with VOP was one of the best time to be a ret pally we had so many effects synergizing with it from azerite armor and mastery stacking corruption, ppl complain rng is not good but hell yeah it is, just look at ret currently we got procs for days with a fun and fast playstyle, going back to the main topic of this post ret is a totally viable class in m+ the thing is we arent “meta” metagaming is a plague in gaming but thats a totally different problem, to be fair ret hasnt ever been meta but it wasnt far away from the top classes in bfa or legion, the problem is that in Shadowlands they gimped one of our biggest strengths AOE, the aoe cap was horrible for us on top of that even after its “removal” we still only deal reduced damage after 5 while most of the “meta” specs are either un capped or deal reduced after 8, one last thing no amount of minor utility will make a spec meta only overwhelming damage does that

I beg to differ strongly lol.

It’s also a huge feelsbadman when it doesnt reset wake, or when it resets wake with less than 1sec left on its cd. Or when wings procced right at the end of a pack of mobs and then once you arrived at the next pack wings were over. Or when it proced when you had 0 holy power and ended up only doing 1 DS or TV in the wings procs instead of 3. Its all those details that make RNG bad.

The nature of RNG is terrible, we already have more than enough. And its not skillful to be rewarded for luck and feeling terrible for bad luck.

Being in control of whats happening and when it is happening is way better.

Well thats not entirely true and i believe taken out of context…Ret brings nothing to the group that a HOLY or PROT don’t already have. Means once you have a tank or healer DPS are plentiful any day of the week, why grab a Ret pally when i could get a Prot or Holy in que?

3 Likes

Possibilities I’ve suggested before:
-AoE silence, since there are only two right now, iirc.
-A group healing CD (one that doesn’t require giving up damage)- perhaps borrowing Avenging Crusader from Holy in some form.
-A tanking CD- maybe turning Eye for an Eye into something more akin to Arms’ Challenging+DbtS

Remove Combo Points (aka Holy Power)

my dude VOP proc was a 10 sec proc even without any hp at the start of a proc you could easily get a ton of spenders if you had the correct amount of haste that is and also used crusade we also had a minor essence lucid dreams that gave you almost permanent discounts on hp spenders, dunno what you were playing back then but sounds you didnt have the correct info. RNG by the nature of it evens out in long periods m+ is the perfect environment for it, while yeah some of the things you mentioned did happen it didnt really matter because at the end of a key it evens out, making things “controled” like you want gave us the dread awful 1 min build we used till we got tier sets, sure we have control in our burst windows but thats it, might aswell go afk outside of those. Procs make classes fun to play thats a fact

3 Likes

Or spend hundreds if dollars buying gold to pay for carriers. The Blizzard preferred option, gotta milk them whales.

i would love a cooldown like that, that for the next 10 seconds we heal our party based on how much dmg we do, like a mini cd when the healer is struggling or to save a grp from mistakes.

1 Like