What books do you like?

You know what I was confusing that with Rage.

1 Like

I didnt know he had rage pulled. I have a hard cover copy at home. Need to see if its worth anything.

Yup, it is out of print, with all the school shooting and such he no longer wanted it in print. I had a copy that is now lost with moving around.

1 Like

I have the Bachman books which rage was in. I just googled it. Its going for around $100. There is a paper back copy of just rage though that is going for a few grand.

:sob:

My book!!!

Time to hit up the thrift store.

1 Like

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. I hadn’t read a book in years, someone recommended it. Great book and the first in a trilogy.

3 Likes

Fantasy: Mistborn series, Brandon Sanderson.
Sci fi:Pandora’s star, Peter V. Hamilton. Armor, John steakly. Expeditionary force, Craig Alanson (hilarious and one of my favorite sci fi characters ever) …Skippy The Magnificent!
Zombies: Day by day armageddon series, J.L. Bourne. Zombie fallout series, Mark Tufo.
I also love The Godfather.

2 Likes

The Discworld books by Terry Prattchet are a joy to read, been hooked on those.

1 Like

I have read the zombie fallout series. I loved it.

2 Likes

‘Wheel of Time’ book series is a good read by Robert Jordan

2 Likes

Ah yeah, Rothfuss…the bastidge, I hate him. It’s been like 50 years since Name of the Wind which was sooo good. Then the 2nd one was a just a side-story. He hasn’t done justice to us fans. So poo.

Sanderson on the other hand keeps writing and writing. I loves him.

I read too many books to remember names and stuff. Right now, I’m in my military techno-thriller stage - Ward Larsen’s assassin books were awesome. Now reading his Jammer Davis books, gooood too. Excellent sense of humor.

I have Kindle Unlimited so lots of new authors and all. Some are meh, some have been thoroughly entertaining.

2 Likes

If you’re open to manga, hunter x hunter is a great series. If you don’t mind hiatuses, walls of text, and possibly bad art in the beginning.

Attack on Titan is great, but the art was definitely bad in the beginning.

There’s Jojo’s Bizarre Adventures, which goes from a series directed towards teenagers to adults.

One Piece is super lengthy, with bad art in the beginning, but improves in every way later on.

Japanese Light novels are more popular with anime adaptations.

There’s also Beserk. Very graphic manga, but a great series.

1 Like

Love the Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice. Weaveworld by Clive Barker.
The Earth Chronicles series by Zechariah Sitchin is cool if you like alternate theories on human origins.

1 Like

Dune, Dune: Messiah, Children of Dune, God-Emperor of Dune.

1 Like

I havent read any alternate theory of human origins books, but it does sound interesting. Ill have to check that out. Ive read a ton of alternate history books.

You should try the Dune novels. It’s not “hard-core” sci-fi, it’s more of a mix of sci-fi/fantasy. There are six that the original author wrote, then there are the thirteen new ones that his son and Brian J. Herbert wrote (so far), along with two short story compilations. The entire series spans over sixteen thousand years, which makes it even more interesting.

2 Likes

I second this. Highly imaginative, well-written. Also Mark Lawrence is excellent.

1 Like

Chronicles of Amber was good until the halfway point. To start, LOTR, Ender’s Game, Chronicle(1-3), Dragonlance and Heir to the Empire (Thrawn Trilogy) are all good reads that everyone should take a look at.

1 Like

Does Manga count? I’ll just put Devilman there.

Last book book I enjoyed was The Child Thief by BROM. It’s a dark version of Peter Pan.

1 Like

Malazan Book of the Fallen Series by Steven Erikson
Edit:
For Horror you can’t go past The Necroscope series by Brian Lumley

1 Like