What are your top 5 MAJOR tips for a new rogue

Mrrobot is trash and should be ignored.

Also from Fuu the ravenholdt discord leader and head theorycrafter.

“ its higher than that due to the buffs the class got”

It’s literally that bad.

I hear you dude I am just saying, nothing supports that other than your opinion and possibly an opinion from discord. So OP could just focus on 2 weapons and enjoy both specs, knowing that mathematically they are 0.2% apart, or he could burn another 900 conquest and couple thousand honor on your advice. It’s up to him!

3 Likes

You’re using mrrobot as a source that’s not credible at all.

The discord is one one the that the guys who write the icyveins and wowhead guides.

And he would be handicapping his team.

It’s more than that. Your sims are scuffed.

There are other ways to get weapons. And playing outlaw in pvp is bad anyways.

What’s your rogues name.

1 Like

Here, so you can credential my facts into your opinions and see if I am worthy to have an opinion!

Check PvP - Bigcheeka-Tichondrius (check-pvp.fr)

Some of the stats are a bit off, but I generally sit around 1800-2k on a half dozen toons; usually getting bored/frustrated of the push to duelist and play an alt. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

So you have zero credibility to comment on pve rogue.

PS ask me robot sims are worthless because the APL is wrong.

Gear Compare - Snozr - 9,321 DPS - Raidbots

Same comparison, but on your sim choice. Just for clarity again, you said use raidbots.

I mean, is there still an argument here? 200 dps loss over 9300 total dps. (and let’s be real here, it’s only 200 dps if OP plays PVE, and decides they are going to focus on playing a 100% textbook rotation 100% of the time)

So again, for the cheap seats, OP; you can safely use a 1h sword and a 1h dagger to enjoy both specs and still be within 98% of your maximum potential if you even care about PVE (and to be honest, kinda thought we were talking PVP, but my point stands).

6 Likes

A negative 234 dps loss is a major dps loss….

Sims mean absolutely nothing in pvp.

You’re wrong.

On top of that if you pvp only you want two daggers so you can Mut or sub.

Dude. Come on now. You know you’re wrong. We know you’re wrong.

PVE, PVP, you’ve been flat proven wrong multiple times, in multiple ways (including your own requirement, simming through raidbots!) Why keep up the charade. You don’t earn conquest by PVPing the forums.

I’m gonna go. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

OP, best rogue advice for you? Recognize that you can time a +17 and still be a complete buffoon who is too emotionally guarded and mentally stunted to admit when they are completely in the wrong, have no idea what they are talking about and treat 3rd-party rhetoric as gospel instead of doing the actual work themselves.

Also vanish is bugged, so look out for that.

6 Likes

I’m actually not wrong.

PVE wise it’s a major dps loss.
PvP wise you shouldn’t even buy a sword because outlaw is trash in pvp.

Aka you finally realized you’re actually wrong.

You’re the one using ask me robot as a source to back your claims and they aren’t even using the proper apl.

Your sims are scuffed and you’re too proud to admit it.

You can farm HoA pretty easily, and there’s some good mob density throughout Revendreth. Bastion is okay in some spots. But most of Maldraxxus and Ardenweald, and all of the Maw, Korthia, and Torghast is off the table–Torghast being the most disappointing, as I’d love to do a full stealth run boss assassination style.

It’s still worthwhile to go back to Legion and hit up Moon Guard Stronghold for extremely fast coins and the weekly quest. BFA on the other hand was one of the worst expansions for PP (as Horde at least).

But, there’s only one way to play the game – however Blizzard doth decree this month.

Can I quintuple thumbs up this post? Absolute beauty. Pretty sure Snozr is just a common forum troll… there’s no good faith argument to be made. I safely blocked them after “You shouldn’t be doing pvp as outlaw anyways.” If development actually respects that type of comment as legitimate feedback, the game is dead.

4 Likes

Not at all. I just bluntly tell people when they are wrong that they are in fact wrong.

Outlaw is a poorly designed spec for PvP and even though some hjigh rated and good players make it work doesnt mean its a good spec.

Appreciate it man. Never seen a guy paint himself into a corner faster than snoozer. I made the mistake of checking his post history and it’s just pages of screaming at the monitor like some sort of brutalist cringe art exhibit. Dude needs to get outside ASAP. (Still logged on my rogue but this is ice)

2 Likes

Most of my posts are made on my phone while I am killing time.

Sorry you cant deal with the facts let alone make the incorrect assumptions.

PvE wise 200+ dps is a major loss

PvP wise its not as major a difference but its still a loss.

(From a PVP perspective)

I switched from Ret to Rogue recently like yourself and I’m loving it.

The play style is much different despite the two being melee DPS specs. It’s also more complicated and requires a higher level of awareness.

1. First things first, shift your mindset. You’re no longer the guy who charges into the fray mindlessly popping your CDs for cheesy oneshots. Now… you’re a cold, calculated killer who can singlehandedly carry an entire BG.

2. Utilize stealth to skip pointless fights in mid and focus on more impactful stuff. Let the BG heroes brag about about their damage while you make plays that carry them to victory.

3. Pick the right target. In this bursty meta, it’s usually better to use your godlike CC on the healer and burst the DPS down.

4. Positioning is key. For example, if you open on someone in the very center of a congested team fight, your opener will be disrupted and you’ll likely waste cooldowns trying to survive and/or restealth. Also, Keeping close to a wall or pillar will allow you to LOS restealth (without wasting vanish) or spin a flag you recently stealth capped. Ideal positioning isn’t always possible but it’s a very important concept to be aware of.

5. Control before damage. Do not give your opponent(s) time to react. This means no stun gaps. One second is all a warrior needs to hit bladestorm. The really tricky part is keeping track of your DRs and adjusting your opener around CC reduction.

Most important thing is to be patient with yourself.

Rogue is a very tough class to master. I myself am have only scratched the surface. The payoff is huge though because you’re kinda forced to become a more aware, objective focused player.

Good luck out there.

5 Likes

What is the best domination shard set for Assassination rogue right now?

1 Like

Hey everyone, there has been some really cool and unique tips. For someone who starting his rogue journey. it shows the breath and scope of how some of you elite rogues play. it shows a level of understanding that is really amazing to witness.

thank you all for sharing.
please continue to do so!

Frost set with the damage increases from unholy and blood.

Sin - Frost
Outlaw - Frost
Sub - Blood.

Legendary depends on build/covenant.

2 Likes

dont worry bro i’d be like that too if i were fat and ugly

You seem pretty mad.

Though I would be too if I was looking as uneducated as you have been in this thread.

i only pvp as outlaw for random bgs because subtlety is just too tryhard and daggers are for chumps