What are your "must level" pets this expansion?

For no particular reason I chose to level a Lost Soul in an attempt to use it instead of one of my Unborn Val’Kyr for some of the pet battles. What’s your “must level” pets this expansion that are useful.

4 Likes
1 Like

Anxious Nibbler (some family fights)
Ashen Chomper (Rabid Strike + Corpse Explosion)
Etherwyrms (Copperback, Infused, Wild
Corpselouse Larva (Rabid Strike + Burst)
Death Seeker (Eyeblast + Murder the Innocent)
Decaying Mawrat (Haunt + Creeping Insanity)
Floofa (some niche fights)
Frenzied Mawrat (Forboding Curse + Corpse Explosion)
Gizmo (In-game Brightpaw with Prowl + Arcane Dash)
Larion Cub (Prowl, Maul, & Bite)
Mawsworn Minion & Rook (niche fights)
Moon-Touched Netherwhelp (Incredibly useful moveset + Dragonkin racial)
Scurrying Mawrat (Creeping Insanity, Rabid Strike, & Corpse Explosion)
Timeless Mechanical Dragonling (Flame Breath, Time Bomb, Razor Talons, Armageddon)
Torghast Lurker (Forboding Curse + Haunt)
Vibrant Glimmerfly (niche fights)

I might be missing a few, but scrolling through my SLs list real quick these are the ones that stood out for me using them in strategies.

Of course, this won’t include Zereth Mortis pets, simply because I haven’t used them in any strategy creation yet. ^^

4 Likes

I’ve farmed a half dozen of these Spinebugs from that Maldraxxus cave (and a good thing they’re so easy to find and farm too). All have been green, so I’m wondering if I’ll ever get a blue at all :frowning: Oh well, three servers to rotate through, parked a 60 at each cave; maybe one will turn up. Hopefully the caged greens will sell for a little gold.

1 Like

1.) Shimmerbough Hoarder
First, because he’s adorable, and second, because he has the Sneak Attack/Flash combo. Of all the SL squirrels, I find him most useful.

Mine is named Peanut b/c all of my squirrels are named after nuts of some kind. I have a Pistachio and a Pecan as well, and my Rabid Nut Varmint 5000 is called “Trail Mix.”

2.) Animated Tome
Used in my Sir Galveston 2-pet strategy b/c I don’t have the Court Scribe

3.) Silver Purrkin
With Spiritfire, Prowl, and Ethereal, he’s extremely useful against powerful flying pets, both for family challenge battles and for some of the WQ battles. I don’t ever use the other purrkin, but this one comes out all the time.

I love the Silver Purrkin so much I favorited and named him. Everyone calls me “Meri” in my guild, so I named it “Little Lamb.” So far, nobody has vocalized their appreciation for my brilliance in that name. /giggle

4.) Devourling (S/B)
With the Siphon Anima/Headbutt/Soulrush abilities, I have been using this little guy since I leveled him to 25, and I am pretty certain he’ll be in a lot of my strategies for the DF expansion. He’s a little powerhouse. I prefer him to Gnashtooth because of the breed variance. I have an S/B which makes him faster and more powerful than the H/H-only Gnashtooth.

In fairness, Gnashtooth has Face Bite, which can be used much like Leap to get some speed, but Devourling S/B is faster to begin with, and Absorb in that slot is more generally useful as an alternative to Siphon Anima if you need to have an ability with no cooldown in the setup.

5.) Fuzzy Shimmermoth
This one is special because it is my only flying pet with Nature’s Ward. I have another moth I recently got from my covenant garden, but I haven’t leveled it, yet. The Dusty Sporeflutterer also has Nature’s Ward, but instead of the standard moth abilities, it has Scratch and Moon Tears. I think I’ll be using the Fuzzy Shimmermoth with Flank, Nature’s Ward, and Moth Dust pretty often.

2 Likes

I named mine Bobby. I have no idea why.

I use him in Slot #2 with Spiritfire/Agony/Haunting Song in the Ardenweald WQ/Master Battle against “Airborne Defense Force” / Faryl

1 Like

Love reading all these ideas. For some reason it has taken along time for me to “bond” with the pets of this expansion (Shadowlands). In my little queue, where it seems I have only one other player to battle, I have to be ready for doubles & triples on a regular basis. Tons of anomalus, sandstorms & darkness.

All the pets mentioned are very "worthy’ :slight_smile: If I had to pick just one, it would be peeks at my Shadowlands pets the Necroray Spawnling (PB) running bone bite, bone barrage, & dazzling dance.