What % are you stunned or CC'd in a BG?

As the title says

On average, what % would you say your unable to play your character in a battleground ?

It can vary wildly.
I don’t know if there can be an accurate concrete answer due to the amount of CC available and how often it can be broken/dispelled/trinketed/etc.
Just assume that if someone can CC you then they likely will.

What people will say they experience and what they actually experience are going to be drastically different.

Prepare yourself for “Hey, healer here, I’m unironically claiming that I’m stunned for 50% of my BGs on average. Like, LITERALLY.”

2 Likes

For a mage it’s a lot closer to 100% than any other number.

As a Priest healer I generally get sat on first by melee and with that stunned whenever it’s off CD.

That said, Adaptation and Everyman will get me out of the longer stuns, and the rest DR… so at a guess maybe around 12-16 seconds of stuns every min during a long fight at a node with 2-3 on me.

As has already been mentioned it changes a lot every battleground

Sometimes im able to stand still and hard cast all game long and never get cc’d if i position myself correctly avoiding all the AE cc’s and the opposing team ignores me.

Other times I get hammered with CC and trained down quickly.

Other times ill have a few dps on me while i kite them around eating cc here and there. Somes ill get peels in this situation, sometimes not.

I’m a healer. If I’m not stunned or feared then I’m walking at 50% movement speed.

1 Like

I dunno if just that I’m so feared that all classes save their CCs for me but I get CCd A LOT! Like A LOT, A LOT.

2 Likes

Y’all have CC to dish out as well.

How often you are CCd is inversely proportional to how much you CC the other team.

Good teams will get their CC out faster, more coordinated and timed to disrupt you better (i.e. get your team mate to 50%, poly you, stun them and get the kill).

Without CC you would just PVE the other team and that’s kind of boring.

1 Like

I think you’re giving too much credit to the vast number of mongoloids who go “HURR DURR IMMA STUN” and then blow their hard CC on some DPS (not attacking our healer) or tank as they ignore the freecasting healer.

sometimes i wish there was less CC in this game TBH

its like ur trying to hit something but ya get insta rooted

then coiled

then HoJed

then feared again

then half kidneyed

kinda gets old when stuff like that happens thank god it doesnt happen much in rando BG

the thing about CC and the same holds for the pillar humpers and the melee that like to spin around their opponent. Is that its very lag-dependent
IF you lag a bit more than your opponents your going to be on the receiving end of three-times as much CC at least.

cc has its place but this xpac its so overtuned that someone should cc bliz’s pvp team and never let them touch the code again.

I wish Details would provide that information.

I have had a BG on this warlock where I took 93% of the teams damage for the entire BG, I think it was Warsong Gulch. That was a painful game.

Sometimes it feels like the whole game. I’ve always felt warlocks are a higher target for melee because we can’t run away.

Sometimes I get ignored and free cast the whole game.

The worst feeling for me is getting kicked after I faked. Like I cancel my cast with an instant cast spell. The instant spell goes off and THEN I get kicked. How? I wasn’t even casting.

Don’t lie guys. You know as soon as the rogue pops you all say “Theres the rogue!!! Keel heem!!!”’…

1 Like

thats latency and its why i hate getting put on oceanic servers for bgs

200ms is normally playable, though annoying. it really fuks you on interrupts though

what you described can happen even at low latency

howd you think it felt for us for 12 years straight? HUH?! :persevere:

while you’re probably correct, you’re sort of missing the point. it doesn’t matter what % of time you’re literally “in” a bg that you spend CC’d. what matters is the % of time that you spend in a CC when you really need to not be in that CC, for the benefit of your team.

any BG you’re in, you’re spending a lot of important, yet not urgently valuable, time doing things like:

• traveling to nodes
  • guarding flags, even though nobody is currently attacking
  • even actively healing during a battle, yet while there’s no real pressure.

while you might be in a BG for 15 minutes, somebody who claims they’re CCd “50%” of the time doesn’t mean they’re CCd for 7.5 minutes. They mean that whatever time they spend in a truly significant battle, they are CCd for half that time. This is not wildly unrealistic, though is probably a slight exaggeration