What Are You Listening To?!

I like listening to full soundtracks of various things while I’m working; video game music is especially good background for creative work because it’s designed to help engage your brain without distracting you from tasks. This is my current noise whilst I labor away at an overdue chapter.

3 Likes

In the light of current events:

2 Likes

One of my exes favorite song to sing at karaoke night. Was the Cranberries version though.

Absolutely wonderful chick and ya boy Baitan screwed that up!

1 Like

Psychobilly puts hairs on your ears.

2 Likes

I recently recalled the memory of this one. I haven’t the slightest idea why.

2 Likes

This is one of the best albums of all time in my eyes. Such a beautiful piece of work from the legendary Steven Wilson. Makes me emotional each time I listen to it.

And here’s a playlist to another fantastic album from Psapp.

1 Like

Fighting games have some of the sickest jams. Change my mind.

1 Like

can it just be the 90s forever?

1 Like

That’d be nice

1 Like

Eastern Orthodox unblack metal. I looooove these guys.

2 Likes

A nice little ditty about the imbalance of desire in relationships.

1 Like

Following that up with this little diddy:

3 Likes

One of my favourite modern music phenomena is the mash-up. Here’s some of the ones I really enjoy. Some of them just work SO WELL.

I dunno, I find you either love them or you hate them. But I love them. Like, unironically, as legitimate songs. :joy:

2 Likes

I love a good mashup.
Probably posted this one before, and it’s a step in the other direction than what you posted, but it’s not bad!

Then, of course, there’s Legion of Doom:

1 Like
2 Likes

I listen to video game music when I play video games. Ironic, since I almost always have in-game music turned off for whatever I am playing. “I reject your OST and substitute my own!” - Adam Savage… probably

Took him 20 years, but Giovanni finally GOT HARD

Why are the encounter tracks so cool when they only get played for like 10 seconds before the battle? Colress has a really cool one too.

Under 41k views, criminally under-rated track. Not too many people liked this game because it wasn’t OMGUH FINUL FANTUSY. I still had some fun stomping friend’s faces in with Mugetsu, though.

Speaking of OMGUH FINUL FANTUSY, listening to the previous track reminded me of FFX-2. I could have sworn some of the sampling used was near identical to something I remembered hearing. So I did some looking as I was making this post, turns out the same guys who did the Bouncer also did X-2’s soundtrack. Nobuo can Suteki da Suck It (no hate, love him, especially his FF14 tracks that were all removed/replaced)

Speaking of Nobuo, yes I’m still mad bro. Y u do dis Yoshi-P?! 1.0 music > ARR. Come at me.

Whenever I’m playing PSO2 or in Panda Land and want to feel like a ninja I play this. Sadly this track was the only good thing about this game.

Nobody’s gonna read this post let alone listen to any of this crap. But here, literally Bloody Roar 2. All of it. Possibly the best fighting game OST ever. Street Fighter can suck it. Guile and Ken themes can only carry a franchise for so long.

2 Likes

who wants to plug in 4 game boys to your game cube and listen to these classic Crystal Chronicle tunes

2 Likes