What are you listening to now? V5

Jackson Wang - Bullet to the Heart

Yeah. You are absolutely right my friend.

/smile right back at ya

1 Like

Been digging Jon Hopkins; I’ve only become familiar with him over the past few months - actually I first heard of him when he was nominated for a Grammy last year. I need to find time to listen to more of his stuff.

I think I posted another track of his a couple/few weeks back.

Anyway, here’s “Second Sense”, from an album he released in '04. My favorite track so far from my limited exposure to his work. Love the way the percussion gets brought in quite muted, then goes crisp and bright from one beat to the next.

“Good Song!”

“Here’s another oldie, kind of…”

“I call it an oldie, because it came out a LONG time ago, but say 'kind of; because they still play it at concerts.”
/giggle
/dance
2 Likes

Not an oldie, but a song that fits Autumn for me

1 Like

One of their most legendary songs, for sure. I’ve always been partial to the Sundays’ version of it, myself:

My offering to the “oldie but a goodie” vibe:

Best. Lyrics. Ever. :yum::yum:

…and…

Hard to believe '82 was more or less four decades ago. Sheesh.

Atlantis came up on random, but I threw The Fat Angel in there just because I love the supper hippie vibe.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes

Supertramp up on random first today. It was Breakfast in America, but The Logical Song is one of my faves too!

1 Like

And this one. So good.

(Second link for just the tune as the video’s a bit drawn out.)

Been listening to The Pillows this afternoon on Spotify after a new song, Night Owl, popped up on my Release Radar. Sorry no link on YouTube yet. :frowning: If you are familiar with the anime FLCL they did the music.

Hybrid Rainbow is one of my faves. :smiley:

Got to see this band recently in Charlotte, which was amusing because we are both from Florida. We drove from Florida to NC see Hyde, singer of L’Arc-en-Ciel. More like I drove my friends to see Hyde. lol The things you do for really good friends. :smiley:

Remember me? Geng gegga geng geng geng geng gegga geng geng.

It kinda goes hand-in-hand with this Crystal Waters tune:

The 90s nostalgia is strong :sunglasses:

Ahh old is gold, Comrade

1 Like

One of the weirdest tunes in my collection*, and yet, it’s still catchy in a strange, demented sort of way LOL:

:white_large_square::white_large_square:

*The weirdest? Pirate Tape by Psychic TV. Twenty-three minutes of William S. Burroughs repeating a single phrase, accompanied by other random noise. Revolution 9 (Beatles) and Several Small Species of Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict (Floyd) were contenders, but this edges them out in length, and strange.

If you listen to the whole thing, you’ll find that when the pulsating rhythm goes away, you’ll strongly “miss” it. It’s hard to describe. It’s an interesting little meditation, though.

Looping everything cranius. The other night I had this cranius video looping all night with a human mage I just rolled. Sad song but peaceful counterpoint to me blasting everything. (Same dynamic as a halo video with silent night soundtrack I saw.):

I’ve also looped ‘holding out for a healer’ by sharm and ‘khadgar’s plan’ songs in the background while working.

Highly recommend pretty much everything Cranius be seen at least once too:
Highwayman Warcraft video with Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Whelan Jennings, Kris Kirstofferson singing the song. Sound quality seems better than the actual highwayman videos too:

Darrowshire, Big Blue Dress, Don’t Make Me Ge My Main, Lament of Captain Placeholder, maybe others I’m forgetting. More recently he made a Supergirl video with just some home video of him and his wife, and one called The Hunt they made about another game they’re playing. On Facebook he recently commented on Asmongold’s reaction to ‘Don’t Make Me Get My Main’ video. (Video 10 years old and Asmon just saw it this year I think.) People running around begging Cranius to make a wow classic video here in the future. :slight_smile: