What are you listening to now? V5

One of the many Lord of the Rings scores I’ve been listening to. The Charge of the Rohirrim is one of (if not THE) MOST EPIC scenes in cinematic history and this score plays a huge part in it. The entire trilogy has amazing compositions that truly make the films even more incredible.
2 Likes

While we’re on the topic of scores, here’s a favorite of mine. This is a live performance of Lux Aeterna - the most famous piece of the score from Requiem for a Dream - by Kronos Quartet, who did the original music.

Created by Clint Mansell, an absolute genius and legend. He and Darren Aronofsky are a match made in heaven (or hell, depending on which Aronofsky film you are currently watching) when it comes to film and film scores.

I highly recommend the full score, from beginning to end - it’s incredibly beautiful and terribly insane at the same time, just like the movie.

(Live)

(Studio Version)

3 Likes

Good Knives - Doubt (Dance with the Dead Remix)
This song has some really good kicks in it!

Dance with the Dead - Kickstart my Heart Remix
My favorite song to listen to while going over 100 mph on the highway. <3

1 Like
3 Likes

God I hate the internet. Is this god forsaken medium good for anything besides arguing

I hate all of you.

1 Like

“Yes. It’s good for sharing Music.”
/smile

/dance
2 Likes
2 Likes

“Nothing like a little Frank Zappa, to start a Friday Morning off well.”

/giggle
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Ahh the Vengaboys. I tried to ignore them on radio; I couldn’t. I tried to ignore them on TV, I couldn’t.

I dunno if they ran the commercials nation-wide, but back in the 90s there was a series of them from Six Flags that had this old geezer in a suit doing crazy dance moves to We Like To Party outside a bus. When I hear the opening horn of that song, all I see in my mind is:

And now I know he had a name: Mr. Six.

Anyway, if you want to play 90s earworm battles, we can do this. I’ll see your Vengaboys and raise you a Spice Girls. I wanna really, really, really wanna zigazig ahhh:

:yum:

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with Rihanna

1 Like

That is some very old naga music there.

1 Like

This is Land Before Time music.

What do you guys think? Add long pointy ears, and they’d be Night Elf Druids, right?

2 Likes

Love that track.

Grew up on Stevie Wonder; my mom played him endlessly. Coolio made it his own, and respect to him for that. The “original” will always be one of my favorite Stevie tracks:

Though my absolute favorite Stevie Wonder track of alll time is ‘As’. IMO, one of the most perfect songs ever created. Beautiful lyrics, sweet chord progression, the choir is amazing, just the right amount of funk, and that constant repetition (“Until the day that you are me and I am you…”, etc.) that’s just addicting to listen to.

(Herbie Hancock on keyboards. Always learning something new… :sunglasses:)

1 Like

And on a different tangent, something new I discovered five minutes ago:

Courtesy of Metropolis:

https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/metropolis/stephanie-barbosa-guest-hosts

2 Likes