What are you listening to now? V5

1 Like

Yeah, man, I can dig that. Very “old west” kinda vibe, the lyrics are great, excellent storytelling. Good stuff :+1:

1 Like

The… creepy… video:

And her doing it live on KCRW back in '07. She was just too darn quirky and cute back then:

1 Like

Gracias compa, came accross this one t really like too.

1 Like

Weird i like it

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Couple Beastie Boys tracks that are pretty much the opposite of what they were known for, pop-music-wise anyway. Here’s a few instrumental / lounge-ish / chillout tracks from them.

I Don’t Know is just a beautiful tune. Adam Yauch at one of his best moments, and he ain’t even rappin’. RIP…

1 Like

Then, realizing that the “doo doo doo” in the background of I Don’t Know is Miho Hatori from Cibo Matto (just found that out today; been listening to that song for 20 years!), I thought I’d post this, one of my favorite Cibo Matto tunes, Sugar Water.

Love the heavy bassline, very dubby. Also an excellent video, super creative with the panels being synchronized, and parts of the same story, yet one is being shown in reverse, then they “intersect” and switch places. Very Memento.

A woman in the moon is singing to the Earth:
La, la, laaaa, la, la, la, la, la, la

Good stuff!

1 Like

One more and I think that’ll be it for tonite. Stuff keeps coming up on my playlist LOL, but there’s always more and always tomorrow…

“Twenty years of schoolin’ and they put you on the day shift,”

4 Likes
1 Like

Feelin’ the melancholy vibes this evening :slightly_smiling_face:

Been getting into this:

She’s Liszt’s great great… great granddaughter.
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like