What are you listening to now? V5

Finally back from GDQ! I had a ton of fun, and I’m definitely having some post-con blues, but it feels nice to be home again.

This remix by The Blizzard is pretty great, and features the lovely Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation fame.

1 Like

A quick remix of an oldie

“Listening to the Old School Stuff again.”

/giggle
/dance
2 Likes

Literally anything from Empire of the Sun.

Just saw them on Saturday. Had a big interaction with the singer and a prop I had that he thought was a gift, lol. It was this song that he came back over to do the point-n-smile. I died. But I’m a shaman so I’m ok now.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The OST for this game is really, really good. Super relaxing.

Nothing like a little Viking techno to get the day going. I love that dude, lol. I wish our local culture loved dance / electronic this much :sunglasses:

Pure vibes.

3 Likes

Also vibes:

I guess post whatever you’re listening to now unless its MSI? :thinking:

Sec, whats next on the playlist. Marilyn Manson - Cry Little Sister

“One of my fave songs.”

“And one of my Fave Movies.”
/grin

4 Likes

Stay strong my brother!

2 Likes

Time flows swifter than I thought

Happy Fourth, everyone. Hope y’all have a good one!

3 Likes

Goodbye Country, Hello Nightclub is a landmark album. Not just for being an exceptional collection of downtempo and house music, but for the tracks that feature the beautiful vocals of the late Richie Havens.

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Now, this is how I became familiar with Richie Havens. Not that I was there, nope, there was still a good six years before I was even to be born. But via the film Woodstock.

This performance got deep into my brain, I dunno, it’s the purity of it, the raw spontaneous feel, the beat - how deep he is into the vibe. I might add that it was entirely improvised on the spot.

That’s why I found it amazing that some 30 years later, Havens would lay down some excellent vocal work for one of my favorite electronic duos. Pure bliss.

2 Likes

This year’s SGDQ had a ton of fantastic music.

1 Like

Sometimes a catchy track is just a catchy track. Even if it is Sia. :sunglasses:

The dishwasher: when it stops I can finally finish the kitchen and go have fun!

1 Like

If you like the old 80s-style synthwave, give Carpenter Brut a try. He plays a decidedly darker version of the genre, but it’s just as energetic and fun to listen to.