What are you listening to now? V5

That’s awesome. Love me some Steely Dan. Reelin’ in the Years is awesome. Hey Nineteen and Deacon Blues are also some faves, along with:

2 Likes

“LOVE this one!!!”

/dance

“I like these guys too…”

/dance
4 Likes

“One of my favorite old school tunes…”

/dance

Funny you should mention the Doobie Brothers, because the same guy I was talking about also played for the Doobie Brothers for a few years. Guy by the name of Jeff Baxter; I’d include a link to his wikipedia page, but Blizzard still doesn’t trust me enough.

2 Likes

“I see you have had an interesting life too. Met a few Rock Stars, like I have.”
/grin
/hugs

/dance

“Here’s a List of the ones I can REMEMBER Meeting. There are more…”

Muscians:

Asia
Metallica
Kiss
Missing Persons
Journey
415’s
Hall and Oats
Billy Squire
Jethro Tull
Mick Jagger
Keith Richards
Alice Cooper
Cheeptrick
Heart
Rail (now know as Rail & Co.)
Grateful Dead
Rick James
Motley Crue
Jefferson Airplane (Before they became Starship)
Grass Roots
Spirit
Gary Puckett
Randy Hansen
Stephen Stills
Jah Levi
Stray Cats

/proud grin
2 Likes
2 Likes

yesterday was my father’s birthday was was reminded about one of his favorite songs so in honor

2 Likes

You can share links if you sandwich them between two ` marks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Baxter

What an amazing life this dude is having. I wonder if he ever thought in his wildest dreams, while he was on stage rocking out with Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers, that he would one day be … a missile defense consultant and sit on NASA advisory boards and such. Shows you can never predict where life will take you.

2 Likes

I chose the album cover one instead of the original video because, well…

A E S T H E T I C

Re: BOC

You ever seen that movie The Stoned Age? LOL. Once you have you’ll always think of it when you hear that tune.

LMAO

Actually some cool concert footage in this scene. Despite the name, this clip is completely SFW. The movie in its entirety tho… probably not. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

“Never seen it, sorry. I grew up listening to BOC on the Radio.”

1 Like

Same here, I’m not old enough to have listened to them when they were topping the charts - well, maybe that’s not entirely true, I was a year old when Don’t Fear the Reaper was on the Weekly Top 40. I don’t remember tho LOL!

Between my parents’ “set lists” and radio shows I heard them all the time growing up tho. All credit to mom for my love of 60s and 70s rock!

=============

And to be fair:

:speaker::musical_note::musical_note::notes::notes::notes: :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

Tool - Right In Two

Yeah Break, every time I look at his wiki page I think to myself, “What the hell have I been doing with my life?” Gotta remind myself that it isn’t a race and that everyone goes at their own pace, heh.

Some nice Sunday evening DnB.

1 Like

I thought there was a little disco dude in the emojis. And a disco ball. Guess I was nuts LOL.

And on a completely different note:

Future Bass. A genre name that makes no sense, considering that this is really Past Bass, as it’s from like '15 or '16 IIRC. I kid, I kid. Love the vocal work from J. Chris. Good stuff.