What are you listening to now? V5

1 Like

Hot off the press

1 Like

NOFX song written by one of the members about his time in the Dog Patch Wino gang. They were a small LA punk rock gang that hung with another small gang Sacred Reich. Both hung around The LADS, a large LA punk gang centered around Hollywood.
Their fights with the different Suicidal gangs, FFF and BPO were frequent at punk shows/back yard gigs.

NOFX was always a little to “poppy” for me, but the song brings back memories.

1 Like

i’ve been in a niel cicierega mood lately

3 Likes

Whenever I see Rollins I always think of Circle One (both the band and gang). Circle One Family were often at Black Flag gigs.
Rollins shares an awesome story about John Macias from Circle One.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Loving it!

1 Like

i’m OBSESSED w this song it’s so fun

1 Like

It’s an amazing story.
My older brother knew John, sadly I never had the opportunity.

You may want to check out the following books that delve into the punk rock gangs of LA during the 80’s and 90’s: Safety in Numbers by Adam Wilson, and Disco’s out Murder’s in by Heath Mattioli.

John was part of Circle One Family.
Most punk gangs started at that time for protection. Walking around LA and OC looking like a punker back then, you were going to get jumped, chased or worse. I guess they were more like clubs than gangs. As they got bigger and spent time in and out of prison, drugs, prior abuse, the “clubs” became more violent, leading to shootings, stabbings, beatings that were criminal (curb stomps, boot parties, etc).

A lot of bands today had members in punk gangs at the time: Bad Religion and the LADS (Los Angeles Death Squad); NOFX had a member in the Dog Patch Winos, Fight For Freedom had members in FFF gang; House of Pain had a member in MMC; Mike Muir in Venice Suicidal Boys; Offspring ran with LMP.

Before all of the violence ruined the scene, I hear it was a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Dope track from about ten years ago. Also this is how I feel sometimes when I post in GD :joy:

2 Likes

Not a single Tool song on Spotify. A slap in the face if there ever was one.

Goodbye Tool, Shrew is friends with Limp Bizkit now.

1 Like

And then there’s Chingasos.

1 Like