What are you listening to now? V5

Generic male dj on youtube. love a lot of that stuff

1 Like

Interesting story. I would just post the link but (in my best sarcastic whine) I’m not trusted yet. Anyway, an interview with Shaun Ryder, the lyricist/vocalist on DARE:

I was only there on that track [‘DARE’] and it was all quite fast. My version of events was that Damon [Albarn] put a track on, it had no lyrics, it didn’t have anything. I had the cans on and he said, ‘Go in the studio and try and do something’. Freestyle off the top of your head, make it up ‘cos he wanted me to basically write a song or write something. So I put the headphones on and there was no track. I started saying to them to turn it up and the track was very slowly turning up so I started going ‘it’s coming up, it’s coming up, it’s coming up’ and when it got as loud as I wanted it, I said ‘it’s dare’. I then tried to freestyle something…and it ended in, ‘I never did no harm’. Then I took the cans off after about 10 minutes and Damon said, ‘Do that [“coming up”] bit again but a bit faster’. So I did, and that was it.

1 Like

Flotsam and Jetsam - Hard On You

1 Like

Without love, where would you be right now?

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Every track from The Greatest Showman. Who knew Zac Efron could sing?

This track is my favorite.

Oh, and Loren Allred. The actor lip syncing is not her. She is beautiful, though, and should had been casted. Her singing is magnificent!

1 Like
1 Like

Sia live on KCRW’s ‘Morning Becomes Eclectic’
Oct 25, 2007

I can nearly not make myself say the words, because they are so. damned. cliche. But she really, truly was way more amazing when she was with Zero 7 and early solo, before she blew up and found her way into mainstream pop music territory.

My fave, if you don’t wanna watch the whole thing, is “The Girl You Lost…”, at about 13:55.

3 Likes
2 Likes

DO YOU LIKE

MY CAAAAAR

2 Likes

DAAAAAA
DAAAAAA
DAA DAA

1 Like

This album, but this song right now.

1 Like
1 Like

I quote Tears for Fears: “Kick out the Style, bring back The Jam.”

…and I love this version 1000x more than the album/radio version!

1 Like

How about some nice 90s rave music to kick off this Saturday?

1 Like
1 Like

“Greetings, Everyone! I apologize, if my taste in music is a bit strange.”

“I am a bit old school.”
/blush
/giggle
1 Like

“In case anyone is curious, these guys are from Australia. My Husband turned me on to them.”

1 Like