What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Jazz is love, Jazz is life

1 Like

An oddly satisfying remix of classical and metal music <3

Hans Zimmer’s

• Chevaliers de Sangreal (The Da Vinci Code)
  • Time (Inception)
  • First Step (Interstellar)

Ennio Morricone, The Mission main theme orchestral suite (2002).

Samuel Barber’s Agnus Dei (Lorenzo’s oil movie soundtrack and Homeworld game soundtrack).

I guess this is what you get if you combine synthwave with metal, then sprinkle some piano and pipe organ on top. Really catchy!

R.I.P. :pensive: She was way, way too young to go.

1 Like

Been healing to this lately. Good times

2 Likes

Yeah, this is some pretty groovy stuff. I find that most of those, “24/7 (Genre)” YouTube channels feature some interesting selections. I like this channel (Chilledcow):

:white_small_square::white_medium_square::white_medium_square::white_square_button::white_square_button::white_medium_square::white_medium_square::white_small_square:

On a different note, this is a new fave, really digging it :blue_heart::heart:

I’m going through and making a list of the best metal albums of the decade. Mgła’s Exercises In Futility, released in 2015, certainly makes the cut. I’m a sucker for atmospheric black metal, and this scratches all my itches.

3 Likes

Healing track No.2:

2 Likes

Ohhh Narnia. I miss that movie series. :,(

1 Like

And though the Justin Martin remix still wins me over with the breakbeat vibes, I’ve discovered that the original is excellent too. I gotta check out more Ultraista.

The Four Tet remix is worth a listen too, a bit more house-y and bass-y than the synthpop vibes of the original:

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Because it’s that time of year

1 Like
3 Likes

Continuing the list of best metal albums of the decade is Septicflesh, with their 2011 release The Great Mass. It’s death metal, except also they’re accompanied by the Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir of Prague, and the result is what I imagine walking through the gates of hell would be like.

1 Like