What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

I love Sofi Tukker.

1 Like

Ser positivo, si? Sin pandillas, armas, o drogas. Esta es la cultura Mexicana, CentroamĂ©rica, o Sudamerica que conozco y amo. Las pandillas son solo una parte muy pequeña de la cultura Mexicana. Y uno del que la mayorĂ­a de las personas se avergĂŒenzan de ello.

Aver, aver

I do like LTdN’s rendition of Folsom Prison Blues, though. Excellent.

1 Like

Celtic music FTW

1 Like

I noticed a lot of the music videos being linked are often obscure songs or works of music by obscure bands, singers, and composers and very few of them are mainstream hits or legends like Katy Perry, Micheal Jackson, AD/DC, or Rolling Stones

1 Like

Just the way it works. People have wide and varied tastes in music, and it’s only natural that some of it falls outside the mainstream. Consider it an opportunity to expand your musical horizons. :]

2 Likes

Esta es la unica cultura que conozco, mis padres me metieron en BIG HAZARD 13 y estoy orgulloso de ser Sureno. No vale la pena vivir una vida sin pandillas. Cualquier mexicano tiene verguenza si quiere que sea su eleccion.
La violencia y las pandillas son una gran parte de la vida de muchos Mexicanos.
Me recuerdas a mi hermano mayor, el no queria ninguna parte de la pandilla de nuestra familia.

Esto es cierto solo si no sabes contar. Hay 60 millones de Latinos en los Estados Unidos. Pero menos de 1 millĂłn en pandillas. Ni siquiera el dos por ciento. Hay 700 millones de Latinos en todo el mundo, pero menos de diez millones en pandillas. De nuevo, menos del dos por ciento.

Tu cultura vergonzosa de pandillas es una pequeña minoría. Tiny, tiny.

Pero no importa, solo sabes una cosa. Violencia, drogas, pistolas, y pandillas. La parte vergonzosa de la cultura Latina.

Olvida que dije algo, “homes.”

By far, the majority of music I enjoy is either “underground” (such an ambiguous term), self-produced, from small labels, independent DJs or college radio.

Don’t get me wrong, I love lots of different pop music as well as well-known acts like the ones you mentioned, for sure.

However, with the advent of the Internet (just saying that makes me feel friggin’ old LOL), once I started delving into the worlds of international music, underground artists, bedroom producers, college radio, etc., I found that there were treasure troves of music I loved. A lot of it as much or more than popular artists!

To put this into perspective - taking a look at my music collection here on the computer, I see I have added 482 songs to my collection so far this year - not a single one from a mainstream pop artist. I have those, yes, but I got done filling out my collection of Beatles, Pink Floyd and AC/DC years ago.

Also, that 482 comes from me listening to about half of what I actually want to listen to. I simply don’t have enough time in life to listen to every set from every DJ on every show that plays (what is, IMO) excellent music. I get to about ten or twenty hours out of the fifty or more I’d love to be able to do each week.

Now, I’m more likely to hear something like this streaming on free internet radio (been really into what soma.fm - one of the earliest, and best, Internet radio stations - has to offer), and get really into it:

I am not a LotR fan but this music is fantastic

2 Likes

Deadsy. Dig it. Some dude in the comments section of Gramercy said:

LOL.

1 Like

Jajaja chale no todos pueden ser los mas poderosos y ya lo he olvidado ese.

Celtic Music

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

This is made by the NFL and its composer David Robidoux and its fantastic even if you are not a football fan.

“Some Aboriginal Awesomeness.”

“Enjoy!”
/happy dance
1 Like