What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Play it at 1.25 speed

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

been in a fatal frame sort of mood lately

1 Like

Currently listening to I :heart: radio’s "Smells like the 90’s " channel. … currently playing Again by Alice in Chains.

1 Like

Burn the House Down by AJR is pretty bumping

1 Like

From their 1998 album Rejoice, Rejoice, Transglobal Underground:

1 Like
1 Like

Drudkh - Ukrainian Insurgent Army [atmospheric black metal]

There’s a few different styles of black metal out there. The stereotypical one involves the shrieked vocals and fast-paced guitars and drums that the genre is famous for. Drudkh, however, opts to go in a different direction, utilizing a slower, more drone-like sound, with growled vocals that blend into the noise rather than stand out above it. The result is powerful, beautiful and terrifying and hypnotic all at once. Amazing album.

2 Likes

Been listening to this song since I bought Beck’s album, Guero, ages ago, never really paid attention to the lyrics, never gave it a second thought besides the fact that it had a breezy, kinda Beach Boys vibe to it, it was catchy, and I liked it.

Then I read the lyrics, discovered the debate over whether the lyric is “sun-eyed girl”, or “cyanide girl,” and realized it’s quite a bit darker than that. Of course it’s up for subjective interpretation, but … well, you can decide.

https://genius.com/Beck-girl-lyrics

And speaking of Guero, E-Pro is a pretty dope track as well, and I absolutely love the video. That guitar lick at 0:10 and throughout is sampled from The Beastie Boys’ So Whatcha Want (1992) (which was, in turn, sampled from a 1975 Southside Movement track called I’ve Been Watching You).

1 Like
1 Like

I just listen to whatever is on my internet radio lately. I’ve got a local radio station that I listen to online that plays 1980’s and 1990’s music only.

Other than that, I like enjoying listening to “Everyone wants to rule the world” on YouTube.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

When I worked at Earthlink back in the 90s, I was on the email support team for a while, which was great because you didn’t need to talk to any customers your entire shift, just answer a hundred or so emails. So, I usually listened to music all day, and Beaucoup Fish was on repeat for a while there. King of Snake is probably my favorite track from that album:

Man, that was a long time ago. I remember my workmates in nearby cubicles giving me their IRC info so I could hit their channels and download MP3s. The dark ages, for sure.

1 Like

Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a Place On Earth (slowed down) [sludgewave?]

Basically, this guy took the old Chipmunks soundtrack and slowed it down. That’s it. The result is that it now sounds like a soundtrack to a murder scene. Otherwise happy or upbeat songs become like parodies of themselves, and it just sounds incredibly surreal. Just by slowing the songs down!

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like