What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Astrud Gilberto - Berimbau

4 Likes

Not music but I can’t stop watching it…

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

That one cracked me up. What are they playing, flutophones? I guess they call them recorders. I think that with these guys too, I think the lead singer was the inspiration for pulp fiction. Someone threw a vial of a powder onstage, he thought it was something else but it turned out to be another word I can’t use so I hope you’ve seen pulp fiction and he died. What a talent, it’s a crazy accurate live performance until the impromptu flutophone I mean recorder jam session.

4 Likes

“That is part of the song. Look on Youtube. It’s how they recorded it. It’s not impromptu.”

6 Likes

/dance

6 Likes

I was going through the videos trying to pick the right one, I may have posted the wrong one. There is an extended flutophone + drum jam at the end of the one I thought I posted. I figured you were a dead head, this is my album/jam from them.

5 Likes

“Did you know that they hated playing indoors? It’s was because the echo would play hell on their Drum Solos.”

3 Likes

On the Canned Heat song, those are flutes. And the Gilberto Gil track was recorded with Banda de Pífanos de Caruaru who play fifes. Neither one was recorders.

4 Likes
2 Likes

More Tropicalia

2 Likes

I saw them once, outdoors. My pipe went far and wide during that drum solo but some made it back to me!

1 Like

“I have seen them many times. I have even had the honor to meet both Jerry Garcia, AND Bob Weir.”

2 Likes

I only saw them the one time. Alpine Valley 1989

2 Likes

“That is a good site. They sounded great there.”

2 Likes

It was amazing! Later that year saw the stones too, then Stevie Ray Vaughn died, ugh

1 Like

“Another pair I have met. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.”
/grin

“Would you like to see a list, of all the Musicians I have met?”

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve only met musicians from my local scene

2 Likes