What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

It sounds modern because it was copied by everyone moving forward, everything before it sounds old because they didn’t have this song to show them how to do it proper.

2 Likes

Should have posted this yesterday, but I got preoccupied putting together the retrospective posts.

Nancy Wilson - What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?

3 Likes

Dab Hands - Do Your Own Thing (2006)

4 Likes

Schiller - Ruhe (Humate Remix) (2000)

3 Likes

The Faint - The Geeks Were Right (Boys Noize Vs DIM Remix) (2008)

3 Likes

I love that early 60s girl sound though I tended towards Motown over Jazz in the 60s but before that it was mostly jazz vocalists like Ella and Billie. The Supremes were contemporary to and actually outsold The Beatles.

Just such a frenetic sound.

A little late for this but their XMas music was some of the best.

Still relevant and meme worthy.

Forgotten and it shouldn’t be.

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

I worked with a guy who saw Ozzy at a record store in the early 80s, not long after he started his solo project (I want to say '81/'82). He said his friend asked what he thought of Ronnie James Dio being the new lead singer for Black Sabbath, he started stomping his feet and went off on how he hated Dio. He made it sound like it was Gollum talking about Bilbo. You can see why he felt threatened.

4 Likes

Prefer Sabbath’s Ozzy era albums because I like the instrumental side much more than the Dio and Tony Martin era. As singers though, I like Dio and Martin infinitely more.

3 Likes

I especially like Dio’s 1st couple of solo albums. Agreed on BS, it’s how they became a legend.

4 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

From Ministry to Sinatra, I’d say that’s an above average musical range.

This is what’s playing. A 21 year old Peter Frampton on guitar.

This was on earlier, I thought about posting it.

This is the song that got me into Ministry, from The Matrix soundtrack.

4 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes