What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Happy Thursday!

4 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Posted in here before, but today is a new day.
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow (Shoegaze legends)

Deftones - Birthmark

Despite the hate on ‘Nu Metal’, Deftones kill it! Adrenaline is such a great record… goes hard. Don’t care what anyone says! I love underground ‘Trve Kvlt’ metal just as much as these guys! FWI

Lastly, Fear Factory - Demanufacture

Legendary ‘Industrial Metal’. If you like Metal or Industrial music… check it out. Their remix album “Remanufacture” nails it too… I prefer that at times to their original release. Anyways… for those late nights when you’re slaying in Battlegrounds or WPvP… or facing foes in adrenaline-fueled arena matches… this song will make you feel like a Terminator (T-1000) Decimating Machine on the game-field. FWI

Edit - For the ‘Svper Heavy Metal Bros’…
Autopsy - Bonesaw

Goes fast, hits hard, and spins my head. GGWP

3 Likes

Love the diversity in this thread too. Very cool to see what other people like to jam to. Love music of all genres.
Awesome thread… continue to rock on!!! oooOOoOO

As a special mention —
Roy Orbison - Sunset

Elvis Presley? kekw… no… Roy Orbison mang !!! Both are legends. I love Elvis Presley’s version of Unchained Melody. Roy Orbison always gave me an Elvis vibe though. Iconic. Check out the supergroup Traveling Wilburys if you are a Roy Orbison fan!.. Features George Harrison (Beatles), Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne (ELO), and Tom Petty. I prefer Orbison solo, but amazing regardless. Peace.

4 Likes

“Can you post the full link, so it can be seen in the thread, please? I prefer to be able to view them in here.”

1 Like

Johnny Cash legendary! Home of the Blues was my go-to. Belshazzar another great tune. ‘I Hung my Head’ is probably my favorite. Story-telling legend.

Check this! Old folk/country ballad. TVZ - an underdog in ways. Wrote the song Pancho & Lefty, later covered by Willie Nelson. I think most, if not all of TVZ’s work is diamond-status. So many songs… this one is just a personal favorite.
Townes Van Zandt - Mr. Mudd and Mr. Gold

3 Likes

If referring to me - I am unsure how to do that. I think you need to be rank-3 on forums or something to post full links. I can try to edit them to be able to view here though, with connotations.
Edit - figured it out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“No, just rank 2. You just copy the link from the site, and post it in the thread. It’s how we all do it. Give it a try.”
/smile

“Never mind, you got it.”
/grin

1 Like

Since I did 10, 20, 30, and 40 years ago, here’s 50 years ago. (Not doing 60, that was the year before I was born & I only have a couple dozen songs from that year, most of which are by Stan Getz).

Chicago - Saturday In The Park

Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music

Eagles - Take It Easy

Elton John - Rocket Man

Frank Zappa - Grand Wazoo

Neil Young - Old Man

Pure Prairie League - Amie

Steely Dan - Do It Again

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Yes - And You And I

5 Likes

60 years? 1962!

Not the best year for music ever, but here are a few that were big on the radio at the time.

I was only 11 that year, so these are all “top ten” type stuff.

4 Likes
2 Likes

“The 60s…”

/dance

5 Likes

“As for the 50s, that’s easy… I was born in 57.”
/grin

/grin
/dance

4 Likes

I assume it’s still is around, but there used to be a site where you could put in your date of birth and it would tell you what the #1 song was that day.

3 Likes

This intrigued me so I went to google…
[#1 Song On Your Birthday | Playback.fm](https://playback.fm/birthday-song)

This was mine:

4 Likes

“This is mine… 11/24/57…”

/dance

5 Likes

Here’s mine:

6 Likes