What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

/sad eyes
/vanish

4 Likes

Aww, thatā€™s sad. I like The Monkees.

Rest in peace Michael.

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Another ā€˜hard hitterā€™, this has long been an all time favoriteā€¦

4 Likes

Something new from me :slight_smile:

2 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

This is an awesome list, and I think I may have mentioned this before elsewhere on these forums, but I was able to meet Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden. He worked at the same flight school where I taught about 10 years ago.

Canā€™t Buy a Thrill is amazing Dan album. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a bad track in any of it. It even featured the drummer singing some songs due to Fagen apparently uneasy about his stage fright singing out front:

And then we can hear Fagen here. I swear, Steely Dan makes such musically-dense songs that still stay within radio-friendly run lengths. This song is under 4 minutes and has delightful tapestry.

Iā€™m currently listening to:

(Heard this for the first time last week and Iā€™m smitten with the outro and the vocal riffing off the main theme.)

And something from the 60ā€™s, a bit obscure (written by Paul Simon):

And another prog giant that incorporated flute, played by Peter, though sparingly (they were 20 and 19 when they made this album):

And just because this is such a well crafty song (and Jeff ā€œSkunkā€ Baxter plays on this as he does on the Steely Dan album I mentioned earlier! Yay, full CYRKLE). Also, no studio magic here. Michael is the real deal:

3 Likes

Have you heard of Say Anything? I remember when this album dropped 20 years ago and watching this band live a couple times. Excellent show; Amazing album; I felt like I found ā€˜myā€™ punk band, since Iā€™m such a proggy at heart:

The lead singer here went on to write songs for Jason Derulo and Kelly Clarkson.

1 Like

New from me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
4 Likes

I donā€™t know how I found this but I like it!

1 Like