What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

Nothing odd about that. Sounds like a great song.

I’m going to be heading in-game in a bit, but just wanted to peek in here beforehand.

I’m not that familiar with Jethro Tull’s body of work. I’m familiar with Aqualung, but that’s about it. That Thick as a Brick song you posted was a great jam.

Love the video for this song!

4 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

And I can’t resist including Kay Starr again this year, it’s one of my favorites.

3 Likes

If you like Aqualung, here’s a few more you might also like:

Hymn 43 (from the same album)

This Is Not Love

Audition

4 Likes

Not a song, but it’s still fun…

2 Likes

Those are great songs. I especially like Hymn 43’s guitar and lyrics. I have nothing against Jesus, he was a cool cat preaching love. Can’t go wrong preaching love, but some, not all, of His followers have lost their minds.

3 Likes

One of my favorites of hers.

Also, she wrote this during the shutdown about all the delivery people and front line workers.

3 Likes

Alicia Keyes doesn’t really play my kind of music but she has an amazing voice and she can really play that piano. Seems she is a prolific writer as well. Her version of Empire State of Mind is a truly wonderful song that I like a lot.

1 Like

In that case, you might also enjoy Wind Up and My God

3 Likes

i like trance music

3 Likes

She’s not my normal cup of tea, but some of her songs have special meaning to me. Shirley Manson and Alanis Morissette also have a lot of songs that do the same for me.

1 Like

Yep, great lyrics and I love the flute in My God.

1 Like
2 Likes

Surprisingly, Rick Astley (honest to god not a rickroll)

And some Jon Batiste

3 Likes

Elder Rick Astley looks like Ronald Reagan.

3 Likes

John Lee Hooker - Ground Hog Blues

Muddy Waters - My Home is in the Delta

4 Likes

Wow. And here I was thinking I was the only one that liked his books. The Shannara series was good but my favorite from him was The Landover series. I wish they’d make movies of those. I have everything ready in my mind on how it should play out. Well everything up to The Witches Brew novel. :grinning:

4 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - A Most Peculiar Man (1966)

Simon & Garfunkel - The Only Living Boy In New York (1970)

Paul Simon - Graceland (1986)

4 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta dance!

4 Likes

John Denver - Aspenglow

4 Likes

These guys are great .:grin:

5 Likes