What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

2 Likes
2 Likes

she is amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Was not expecting to see Cab Calloway in this thread.

Saw him in concert once in the 70s. His boyhood home was just down the block a few houses, it was demolished with some others for an expressway that never got built. There is a small park there now, a bronze marker in the park where his house was.

3 Likes

Computer World is my favorite of theirs as well. I bought that album when I was in college just because I thought the cover was cool, Iā€™d never heard their music before.

Another album I bought around the same time because of the cover, having never heard of the band:

And for some reason those two make me think of Ultravox:

and OMD:

and Men Without Hats:

1981 was a good year, music-wise.

3 Likes

One more from 1981, doesnā€™t really fit with the others:
Rickie Lee Jones - Lucky Guy

2 Likes

I was more into this from 1981.

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

This is going to drive me crazy!

When I was young, some time in my twenties, I was proper stoned and listened to one of Bachā€™s Brandenburg concertos and it just swam all over my chakras and exploded in my mind! Beautiful experience, but I completely forgot the name of the concerto. I suspect that itā€™s one of the movements within the piece because it was only about two minutes long and the concertos are about ten minutes each. I donā€™t own any Bach CDā€™s or anything and canā€™t seem to find it.

It was violin playing, fast and very mathematical with short bursts rather than long bowing.

All these songs in here are giving me blasts from my past so I remembered the Bach experience. :yum:

Nowā€¦Iā€¦mustā€¦findā€¦itā€¦ :no_mouth:

Already listened to the first concerto now on to the secondā€¦

3 Likes

It was this one! Brandenburg concerto 3 near the end.

4 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Tim Janis is life.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Stellamara - Kereshme

2 Likes

Edit: I just saw a video of the Bangles playing a couple years ago. Susanna Hoffs still looks amazing, 62 now but she could almost pass for 31

5 Likes