What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

2 Likes

I have that album, itā€™s awesome. Isnā€™t Giorgio the one playing the ancient synthesizer in the Donna Summers video?

I always thought of Daft Punk as the evolution of the 1970s band Kraftwerk.

2 Likes

he wrote a lot of her famous songs

1 Like
2 Likes

I believe he produced a number of her albums. Itā€™s cool heā€™s remembered.
~https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgio_Moroder

He also produced this album. A little more disco.

EDIT: Autobahn is the album I have from them and the one that introduced me to their music (much later than 1974).

1 Like

I was introduced to them with this song. Still my fave

2 Likes

I agree thatā€™s one of if not their best song. This was the first song I heard from them, we used to get together for war games on the weekends and a friend played this and Authbahn (which I later purchased). Around this time was when I first played a Blizzard game I remember, Orcs and Humans over a USR 14.4k modem.

2 Likes

Funny I was introduced to Kraftwerk during a rousing game of Axis and Allies. Also Front 242

1 Like

We used to play a lot of the MB games, especially Shogun. At first I thought you meant a war game, I hadnā€™t heard Front 242 before. Well recommended.

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re a Brian Eno fan. I am.

EDIT: I just got Vangelis - Chariots of Fire last Saturday.

1 Like
2 Likes

That sounds very Roxy music, I guess not surprising. This is from their post-Eno period.

2 Likes

they made much better music on their own, right? could be themselves

1 Like
3 Likes

Mr Eno has way more accolades but this song is amazing

1 Like

Sometimes groups are too constraining for the direction that musicians want to go, I think thatā€™s what this song is about.

3 Likes

but eno, my favorie Bowie songā€¦

3 Likes

better :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know Brian Eno played on that. He didnā€™t play on Love is the Drug, my favorite Roxy Music song, though. That was Eddie Jacobson who also played for Jethro Tull, Frank Zappa, and Yes (I had to look that up, I didnā€™t know that off the top of my head).

Bowie always had the best guest musicians. Hereā€™s John Lennon playing acoustic guitar and backup vocals (notably the second Fame). He was interested in alternative rock and just getting back into music, it was all cut short before he got started.

The song that got John interested in alternative rock, Rock Lobster. He thought it was a good way for him and Yoko to sing together, but he only released the one album before Dec 8th 1980.

1 Like

you should listen to the Berlin trilogy to start

1 Like

and Rock Lobster is one of my favorite songs of all time :kissing_heart:

2 Likes