What are you listening to now? V5 (Part 1)

It’s not music but I’m listening to it :smiley:

https://youtu.be/o96zSdVnQMc

1 Like

“Oh Gods! That was HILARIOUS!!!”
/falls over laughing

1 Like

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Bowling for Soup would do something with Hanson. Let alone in a music video that is essentially a Scooby-Doo chase montage. But here we are and I’m loving it.

1 Like

Alex Lloyd 2001

From the awesome 2014 movie The Guest. If you haven’t seen it yet…why not?

Australian Crawl - Oh No Not You Again 1981

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Bat For Lashes - Sleep Alone

2 Likes

Game music time. Final Fantasy XIII Original Soundtrack.
Masashi Hamauzu - Lake Bresha

Odin Sphere
Hitoshi Sakimoto - ODIN SPHERE’s Theme -Instrumental ver.-

Vandal Hearts II
Hiroshi Tamawari - Warfare on a Plain

2 Likes

This one’s an oldie… well, it’s and oldie where I come from.

4 Likes

“Here’s a REAL Oldie.”

“And a rare one, at that.”
/grin

3 Likes

I’m very interested in early recordings, it was a big transitions from live music only to “Oh my God! Do I really sound like that?”. There were a lot of issues with recording like how they recorded at a different speed than playback so old blues singers sound tinny and nasally rather than bluesy or the old microphones where you had to shout into them to get a deflection.

I find the best stuff is the old folk/country songs. I’m sure that a lot of it was re-recorded in the artists’ lifetime but at least they lived long enough to do that as opposed to the old blues guys who seemed to die before age 30 or spent long periods in jail. So, I give you from 1928 a yodeling cowboy.

2 Likes

“They really knew how to make music back in the old days, indeed.”

/dance

2 Likes

They say Louis played the trumpet incorrectly but I always thought he learned to play in bars and similar venues rather than a music hall designed with acoustics in mind so he had to play loud. I can imagine sitting in a hot bar in Summer drinking whiskey and listening to Louis.

I really like Gershwin from the early Jazz era, a real man ahead of his time. This is from 1924, almost 100 years ago. It’s interesting how jazz moved away from its classical influence then went back to it later making this seem more modern. He was heavily copied by later people, I guess that’s what makes music timeless.

2 Likes

“I was born in the late 50s, but my Mom loved all kinds of Music. She taught me how to Sock Hop, I taught her how to Rock and Roll. We had a BLAST.”

/giggle
/dance

2 Likes

I always think of this scene when someone mentions the big bopper.

1 Like
2 Likes

I like this type of music from that era.

3 Likes

Some quietly building composition from prog rock band Frost*

And if you have 25 minutes to kill! (I’m sure I’ve shared before but this is an epic monster of prog proportions), live in the studio, too

2 Likes

The best guys in rap battles are back this week and the disses were great!

1 Like

Original:

Cover:

1 Like