What are you guys maining for shadowlands and why

For Alliance and Horde I will be maining my MM hunters .

Apparently I’m a masochist and enjoy being punished

4 Likes

Well, hard to answer - I’ll rotate between this druid, my worgen afflock, and my lone Horde 120 - a BM hunter. I’ll need to decide a 4th so that I have the covenants covered.

If I had to pick just one, probably my warlock for more survivability in the tower solo runs.

Indeed. The ruined class since WoD launched. I am very sorry :frowning:

Probably my Demon Hunter but I also have a 120 DK and Rogue I could switch to if something changes.

For new patches, nothing beats a prot pally. Then once I know the lay of the land, I switch to my true main, mage. Because slow fall is a necessity for no flying. And I’m not buying 500 goblin gliders

WoD wasn’t that bad . I mained SUrv until they started breaking it in 6.2 so they could start converting it to melee. MM wasn’t so bad because I could Aimshot on the move with my 4piece.

Legion was the real hunter killer and BfA was stick a knife in it to make sure it’s dead.

1 Like

I have 5 planned characters that I want to use to experience each of the covenants story, not sure who will be my main main but lukely my druid since that’s the best class in the game.

My Nelf Druid for the Nightfae
My Human DK for the Vampires (gonna RP a WH Vampire lord)
My LF Dreanei for Bastion
And my Worgen Warrior for the undead

And then probably this guy to experience the Horde side of the story.

Nothing… I hear the Shadowlands are dead on arrival…hic!

Well i was thinking deathknight - night fae for horde. This would be a revival of my original main from wotlk - cata.

And for alliance warrior - necro lords. This has also been one of my mains cata - present.

This is all subject to change depending on what cloth/leather/chain armor looks like and on covenenant abilities are for each class. Aesthetically if course, idc ablout numbers.

My reason isn’t all that exciting. This has been my go-to guy since December 2006.

1 Like

On Alliance, I’ll continue to main my DH, as I’ve done since ToS.

On Horde… I’m torn between a DH, a DK, and this guy (assuming he gets leveled and geared appropriately).

I just really enjoy the DH playstyle; it’s fast, fun, and furious. DKs have the best lore in the game, and brewmasters… well, what’s not awesome about chucking full kegs at your enemies?

Getting those big crits with Templar’s Verdict is like honey on my lips.

Also, fix Arms Warrior NOW.

MY balance druid because I’ve been playing it since BC and I cant imagine maining anything else. I don’t have to be the FOTM or do the most dps.

2 Likes

I have what I call my Core4, those are the ones I focus on first. I consider them all my “main”.

My DH is first. It’s both his mobility (looking at you no flying again) and his professions and he can go tank for survivability if needed.

Next is Druid, mobility and professions again and can go tank for survivability if needed.

Then Warlock, he’s fun and because of his professions. Being a Warlock he’s also quite tanky.

Then my DK, professions again and I just like him. Plus yeah tank if needed for survivability.

Everyone else will sit for a while till I have those four up to speed. DH will go in first.

I have been playing paladin lately because it is something i always wanted to play but never enjoyed back in vanilla and previous xpacs. I am liking the current Iteration of ret pally atm though so he might be my main.

If the new undead model looks awesome though I might race change and go back to this DK as my main in SL since I have so many BE toons and want something different. Paladins have very limited race option on horde

I’ll be playing a Fury Warrior if they don’t end up changing us too much.

Now I don’t know if I’ll still use this character, because if Kyrian become playable… then you can just call me Dr. Manhattan.

1 Like

Always and forever will be alliance human fury warrior:)

Having fun on my warlock tho so it’s a strong contender.

1 Like

Affliction Warlock if they remove UA stacking.

If not, whichever Warlock spec is most palatable to play.

1 Like

I mained an Forsaken Mage from Classic through BC.

At Wrath, I took my Orc Warrior, and RP’d his change into an Orc Death Knight. Complete with him going into the Plaguelands during the Scourge invasion event, getting overwhelmed and dying, and then taking him and server transferring him off to a different server and being recreated fresh as a new DK with the same name so it was seamless.

I’ve been playing my Orc DK as my main since the start of Wrath.

I like playing Undead. DK would have been my primary class since Classic if it had been in the game. They were my favorite units/hero class from Warcraft III. I liked the Scourge faction best in that game. I have always liked in any table top or other RPG that I’ve played playing a plate mail wearing 2H sword wielding melee/hybrid caster, especially when they are a dark anti-hero type.

So the DK is basically perfect for me.

And I’ve been playing this character main now for 11 years. Not going to stop now. Especially when we finally have a Death related xpack coming up.

I love my shaman. She was my original BC character after playing a rogue most of vanilla. I wish she was more…well…more. Quests and mobs that are almost effortless on my other classes are challenging to her. Maybe I just never got the knack of how it was supposed to work the last four expansions?