What are the rules on an RP server?

Where can I find a list of rules or a code of conduct I have to abide by if I wanted to roll on an rp or rp-pvp server?

Or if anyone is interested in sharing the rules and their thoughts on them.

1 Like

If you have to ask what the rules are, I would ask why you wish to roll on one.

1 Like

Sentenza, here you go bud:

3 Likes

Respect the naming conventions and come up with an appropriate name, and don’t be a tool to the other Role Players. That’s the only rules I have seen that Blizzard enforces.

4 Likes

https: //wow. gamepedia. com/ Roleplaying

Remove the spaces since I can’t post links.

2 Likes

What a ridiculous response.

15 Likes

I think quite a few people are considering more than a Normal or PvP server for their Classic experience based on a few factors such as streamers and layering. If this is the case, wouldn’t the RP community want new members to be aware of the codes of conduct so that no one’s experience is ruined?

@Altrageous

5 Likes

use the Preformated Text link to post URLs.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Roleplaying

2 Likes

A helping hand:

2 Likes

RP-PVP servers have exactly the same PVP rules as a regular PVP server. In addition, there are there is a Role Play Naming Policy.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/135764

As for Role-Play itself, there are no rules from Blizzard on this. That is virtually 100% community driven.

I am serious. What do you imagine the rules would be on a RP server? I genuinely want to know what rules you believe there would be, or should be.

Many people enjoy the immersion aspect of RP servers. Ask yourself what might disrupt such immersion, and you will likely stumble across a “rule”.

1 Like

See, Altrageous is just RP her character right now, who just found out her Pally man ran off to Goldshire with a Nelf priestess. …it’s got her a little bit riled up.

She’s showing you the rules ‘in character’ :wink:

4 Likes

He is asking a legitimate question and you are yelling at him for not already knowing the answer. Take a deep breath.

3 Likes

No, it is simply sunday, and every post is guilty until proven innocent.

I am doing no such thing. I am merely trying to determine what they feel might be some things that would be frowned upon.

We’ve multiple current threads about non-RPers looking to roll on RP and RPPVP servers. I do not feel it out of bounds to ask them what motivates them to roll there and what they would think the things that might be frowned upon may be.

Perhaps it is due to how long it took to even get a confirmation that we’d be getting a RPPVP server that makes me a mite wary of things. And yes, it IS Sunday after all. Paranoia? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

“No, it is simply sunday, and every post is guilty until proven innocent.”

You might mean well but that’s a tad paranoid. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I specifically want to know what the naming rules are, since I am planning on reserving a name tomorrow.

And since I was on the topic I thought i’d ask about the other code of conduct rules. What’s frowned upon etc.

You definitely came off like a the son of a motherless ogre!

2 Likes

That’s the spirit!

A good rule of thumb is to leave real world references out of your name and chat. In fact, that might be the golden rule. If you simply interact and communicate from the perspective of your toon as it experiences the world and those other player characters in it, you would be well on your way to a successful RP.

1 Like

It is really simple.

1. Have a name that follows Blizzard’s additional name rules for RP servers. The very simple version is that it should be a fantasy name. Mtqtlol is an example of a name that you can have on a non-RP server that will be flagged for rename.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/135764
  1. It is a PVP server, do PVP server stuff.

2. The community is strongly against griefing roleplay in any form. DO NOT do this and expect to get away with it, you will be called out and blacklisted.

3. If you want to participate in RP and have never done so before I recommend just starting by talking like your character probably would in chat. What would a Human Paladin from Stormwind talk like and what would they have to say? Easy.

2 Likes

I use this site when creating Character appropiate names.

1 Like

Oh I’m not saying it’s inappropriate to be concerned about people considering rolling on either type of RP server in order to avoid the streamers. I’m wary of it as well, they certainly aren’t heading there to participate.
The best way to handle this is to inform them of what we expect of them in handling themselves in the spirit of the server. Show them how to work with us in building the community.

2 Likes