What are some of the worst head canons you've heard?

He’s not. They are led by the Farseer (shaman players, which Nobundo reaffirmed in shaman only dialogue in BFA) and the Elder Council.

I’ll give you him being second in command is odd. One think Muln Earthfury, who was the leader of the organization, would be more fitting.

6 Likes

That trolls have “bad posture”.

We’re not hunched, we’re coiled. Like the neck of a viper. Like the tail of a scorpion. Ready to strike at a moment’s notice.

8 Likes

Aren’t Liadrin and Turalyon on good terms?

3 Likes

If they are Liadrin once more gets a collective amnesia trip via bad writers

I believe so the war is over. They went to the wedding of Lor’themar’s and everyone was having fun. Horde and Alliance. Don’t see how post wedding they’d be on bad terms.

1 Like

Worst Head Canons are Thrall getting killed alot of times in crazy fanfictions like Garithos ruling the World, Thrall killed by Arthas during the Campaign, and so on from Warcraft 3.

The worst head canon I heard was Nobbel saying, “Anshe is Sargeras.” No, not a chance.

1 Like

The worst headcanon i ever heard is that Shadowlands really happened and wasnt a super long N’zoth dream we’re still stuck in.

7 Likes

Spoilers A certain fish is back! Be careful what you feed him… I hear we’re the best of friends! Feed him! Fun rewards from our friend!

2 Likes

Probably the worst I’ve seen was someone claiming that Arthas was the first and only Death Knight prior to WoW.

1 Like

Shadowlands

4 Likes

Hell one could see shamanism being fine since it was a core part of the Orcs cultural and traditional beliefs. Fel on the other hand was relatively new and was seen as corrupting and evil, even back then. But most orcs didn’t care because “me like to fight, me like to conquer”.

But honestly it is stupid to try and apply the movie universe to the main one. Another ‘movie thing’ I’ve seen thrown around lately is the fact that in the movie universe, Anduin Lothar and Taria Wrynn were siblings, so when chronicles vol 2 came out and used Taria as Varians mother (as she is in the movie), people assumed her blood relation to Anduin Lothar must also be main universe canon. Even though that was never directly stated. When the most likely scenario is Blizzard simply using an established character in the franchise in the same role instead of making up a new one.

2 Likes

The one that irrationally annoys me the most is the idea that The Primus was actually pulling the strings behind The Jailer.

I get not liking Shadowlands’ story or even the idea of The Jailer, but you have to jump through like 10x as many hoops to make The Primus actually in charge as this would mean that

• The Primus controlled The Jailer and used him to imprison himself for an unclear, but lengthy, stretch of time.
  • Spread his own memories across the Shadowlands… for reasons?
  • Deceive Sire Denathrius/Helya/Mueh’zala/Sylvanas/etc. into thinking they’re working with Zovaal while being chained up and missing most of his memories
  • Somehow controlled and manipulated Zovaal while being chained and missing his memories for an unknown stretch of time
  • Let his Undying Army almost completely fall apart and destroy itself as a part of his “Master Plan”
  • Etc.

This isn’t to say that The Primus isn’t suspicious in his own right, but this is just a needlessly convoluted headcannon/theory that feels like it is intentionally going out of its way to not engage with the actual canon story of Shadowlands.

The only things it has going for it is a piece of unused concept art that depicted The Jailer as looking more like The Primus and The Primus becoming a master strategist after studying the Timeways to see how minute differences could change the course of the same battle.

4 Likes

Only bad terms I saw there were between Kurog and Wrathion… and that was on Kurog.

Fun fact: Nobundo appeared in the Draenei heritage quest that was released today. Guess what title he didn’t have?

4 Likes

I saw it. Lmao they come to Outland for Auchindoun but Blizzard couldn’t be bothered to highlight the special place of Nagrand for general Orc culure and identity whoch Oshu’gun totally is. The memes write itself at this point.

That Lightforged Draenei will ‘explode and/or die’ if they use the Void or Void Elves will if they use the Light. This seems to be perpetuated constantly but I don’t ever recall seeing it in a canon example. (Unless I wooshed it entirely)

I think there was a brief mention of Alleria and Turalyon touching where it caused a reaction, but Alleria absorbed the power of an entire darkened Naaru… I’d think there’d be a distinct difference there.

8 Likes

Now that we’ve seen Void Elf paladins we can put that head canon to the garbage bin of bad ideas.

3 Likes

Not to mention a Lightforged Draenei Priest can still use Shadow magic with the Shadow or Discipline spec. And since Emaara is rough around the edges for a priest, the only thing likely keeping her from using Void was her devotion to the Light and - when she was alive - Xe’ra’s disapproval of Void.

1 Like

I know people like to lean on this as more of a ‘mechanical’ class requirement since they can’t change an entire class for one race flavor (if only) but I’ve always ran under the headcanon that being Lightforged would simply ward the wielder from insanity or corruption (in the case of LF Warlocks), not prevent them from using it entirely because they’ll ‘explode’ or something.

3 Likes