What about NordVPN?

No the character is actually yours and I can prove it to you. I even got in a discussion with a GM about it and they said that’s the only way they can hold YOU fully responsible for your toon is if it is YOURS. You own it. You own your toon. It is also a safety feature for them to say that YOU own your toon. You can ask them yourself if you do not believe me but this is YOUR toon. I actually read the entire TOS and the entire EULA and all their documents. You read the whole thing it will also refer to it as YOUR toon that YOU are responsible more than once. Like you’re supposed to read those things before you use the game.

No. That happens so much. And it happens legitly too. There are so many players who do challanges to where they level from 1 to level cap without stopping, then they will take a break, then they will go from questing gear to full end game epics in less than a day and do it legit too. So many people have done this.

My hunter went from 1 to 110, got to 980+ gear, made a garrison, got Senior Sergeant RBG got my artifact, did two full raids, got my 1000 ilvl legos, got 4 rare pets… MAXED LW and skinning… all with less than 2 days /played time. . Thats why I was able to do it. I did all that.

And all your online activity is logged and stored in a database in SLC.

Are you sure?

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/

I guess you didn’t read this.

Your use of the Platform is licensed, not sold, to you, and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership with respect to the Platform or the Games is being transferred or assigned and this Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights.

Then the subsection, titled Blizzard Ownership

With the sole exception of the Licensors’ Games, Blizzard is the owner or licensee of all right, title, and interest in and to the Platform, including the Games that are produced and developed by Blizzard (“Blizzard Games”), Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, Accounts, and all of the features and components thereof. The Platform may contain materials licensed by third-parties to Blizzard, and these third-parties may enforce their ownership rights against you in the event that you violate this Agreement. The following components of the Platform (which do not include content or components of the Licensors’ Games), are owned or licensed by Blizzard:

1. All virtual content appearing within the Platform, including the Blizzard Games, such as:
  2. Visual Components: Locations, artwork, structural or landscape designs, animations, and audio-visual effects;
  3. Narrations: Themes, concepts, stories, and storylines;
  4. Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters;
  5. Items: Virtual goods, such as digital cards, currency, potions, weapons, armor, wearable items, skins, sprays, pets, mounts, etc.;
  6. All data and communications generated by, or occurring through, the Platform;
  7. All sounds, musical compositions, recordings, and sound effects originating in the Platform;
  8. All recordings, Game replays, or reenactments of in-game matches, battles, duels, etc.;
  9. Computer code, including but not limited to “Applets” and source code;
  10. Titles, methods of operation, software, related documentation, and all other original works of authorship contained in the Platform;
  11. All Accounts, including the name of the Account and any Battle Tags associated with an Account. All use of an Account shall inure to Blizzard’s benefit. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of the Account;
  12. All Moral Rights that relate to the Platform, including Custom Games derived from a Blizzard Game, such as the right of attribution, and the right to the integrity of certain original works of authorship; and
  13. The right to create derivative works, and as part of this Agreement, you agree that you will not create any work based on the Platform, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or otherwise by Blizzard in certain contest rules, Blizzard’s Fan Policies, or addenda to this Agreement.

Note #4: " Characters: The names, likenesses, inventories, and catch phrases of Game characters"

If you claim you read it, show us that the EULA says the player owns the toon.

4 Likes

More than once in there they refer to it is YOUR account and YOUR character. Thats not the full version. Read the entire thing.

Jesus.
Can’t escape Nord VPN anywhere these days.

1 Like

Prove it. Give a link.

Really, so where is the full version? Link it.

No where in the EULA says it’s your account, and I just showed you the opposite.

Look it up read it yourself. Read the entire thing every single word of it. Top to bottom and do not skip a word. Be sure to copy it and screen shot it. If you READ the entire thing all the way thru then you will find it.

Ah, so you don’t know. You made the claim and can’t prove it, and now we know you are talking through your hat.

But, if you don’t believe me, you can always ask on the CS forums, and the Blues will tell you

2 Likes

man I love using my NordVPN to play Raid: Shadow Legends while shaving my privates with my Manscaped collection! If I get exhausted from all the raiding and shaving I just guzzle some Gfuel and I’m good as new!

2 Likes

I actually read the entire thing and copy pasted some of the chat to a friend on my bnet chat that says that you do own your own account.

And yet, you cannot provide any proof of that. You have to show actually Blizzard documentation, not some made up chat between friends.

I don’t know what you read, but that wasn’t the EULA or anything on the Blizzard Legal site.

Give us a link, prove me wrong…

What about HordeVPN?

1 Like

This is just sad, we use VPN for many reasons, “Blizz just ruined their own patch” some of the folks I know was suspended just for no reason, they even had live with a camera showing they beat the MT and was suspended still just because " we think use of a VPN" I can say this patch probably won’t look too good now with so many being on a 30 day and then the thought to grind after 30 days, we are better off just playing something else until the next expansion, again i am glad blizz is taking this serios but they just ruined this patch and many guilds.

I have proof that you didnt read it. It is referred to as YOUR account when they mention ownership as well as saying when creating a new account “how do I create MY new account.”
They also list is as YOUR games that YOU bought. And even as a legal binding contract goes, the account has YOUR name on it. If I were to add you and Real ID you right now, it would say your real name, not Blizzards. There are other MMOs that list it as their account but WoW does not. Blizzard in Q&A also list it as “My account” Not "Blizzard’s account. It has your name on it listing you as the owner legally. You own your account on their platfrom. And Blizzard in tickets to me have even said “YOUR account”. They never once have said “Our account”. It is refereed to as YOUR account multiple times as well as a GM telling me that we do indeed own our accounts. That is the only way to ensure that WE are held completely responsible for all actions from our account. Blizzard does not own the accounts. We do. A GM even told me that once when I asked him.

Having YOU own your account ensues that all actions on your account are fully your responsibility. And yes, as I said, the name listed on your account is the legal owner of it. I own mine that GM told me a long time ago. You or a parent or guardian owns yours.

Why would you use a VPN node in eastern europe? Wouldn’t that make your gameplay rather laggy?

Seems suspicious. It’s like getting caught red handed cheating and saying, “The devil made me do it.” Yeah, yeah. Sure, it’s your VPN. Not that you used a VPN to attempt to cover for cheating. No. Never.

It’s intellectual property, owned by Blizzard. How are you this daft?

3 Likes

How completely hard is it to provide an actual link?

Sorry, your “word” is cesspool garbage. No one in their right mind would take something said at face value with out corroboration, especially on these forums

And that’s a low quality fabrication.

You don’t own jack in this game.

1 Like

Hope that was all paid for with credit cards…

In the event of a false positive/false reports ban, you can just chargeback your credit card and get your money back at least. But if that was all paid with Bnet balance, oof :laughing:

Being responsible for the actions that occur on the account is not the same thing as ownership of it.

It’s a way out for Blizzard should you do some illegal / naughty things while using their services. It’s so they can put the blame on you. Anything that would in any way be construed as beneficial for Blizzard is theirs, and theirs only.

They (Blizzard) always reserves the right to revoke access to “your” account at any time.

2 Likes

Incoming professional General Discussion WoW Forum lawyers after the posting of the EULA and End User License Agreement by 1 individual…

:man_judge: :woman_judge:

“We the General Discussion WoW Forum posters hereby declare we are now temporary lawyers…” :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

Think of it like leasing a car. If you get drunk and kill someone while driving the car, the company that leased the car to you is not responsible for your actions. You are. You don’t own the car though. The contract releases them from liability for your actions.

1 Like