What a Strange, Long Trip It's Been questions

Now that the progress is shared among characters for this achievement, I can see the progress from my alt in the achievement tab. Does it mean I can continue completing them on my alt? If I get all the remaining achies, will my alt get the proto-drake at the end? Should I just keep farming with my main? Should titles now be shared among all alts? (I don’t have any on my alt as of now, but on my main as normal). If I got the violet proto-drake, will my other alts fly at maximum speed automatically? (as mentioned in a blue post, if you have a mount that can fly at 310% from wotlk, you’ll automatically recieve the maximum speed). Thank you.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you need to complete each part on one character or not. But once you get it you get the mount on that character. But mounts are account wide so all of your alts would get it.

I think so.

I had a few 310% mounts from Wrath on my main and all of my alts have 310% flying without training it because they technically also had a 310% mount since they’re account wide.

1 Like

Tyvm. I obtained a 310% flying mount on my main before Cata. My alts had 150% flying at the time. And now, after Cata, they kept 150%. I’m guessing that they needed to have 280% previously for them to have recieved 310%.

I’ll buy 280% on them and get the Violet proto-drake and see if they get 310% automatically. Thank you!

I think Cata introduced the ability to purchase 310% mount speed, another 5k gold on top of the 280% mount speed. So there is a cutoff at some point where alts aren’t granted the 310% just because you have a 310% mount and will have to purchase it separately.

Its hard to tell really about the skill because I’ll tell you right now, ALL my characters who had 280% now have 310% and I did NOT purchase the skill. I only ever obtained 1 310% mount on 1 single character. I did some looking into blue posts and found this:

Mounting the Violet Proto Drake now grants Master Riding to players who are at least level 80 and have Artisan Riding trained.

Sooooo I am at a loss on how it should function.

1 Like

I think it’s originally supposed to function by only granting characters that actually did the work to get the 310 mount, but with the changes to mounts being account bound, that also led to changes with other characters getting it. I also can confirm that just mounting the Violet Proto Drake will grant 310 flying, my rogue just hit 80 today, I had already trained up to 280 prior, mounting it gave the skill and achievement Breaking The Sound Barrier

1 Like

so with cata release you have to purchase the 310% speed and can’t earn it through getting a mount of 310% they are all at 280% now unless you buy the master flying. So any alt’s that were at 280% before prepatch dropped got the free 310% speed with it dropped anyone at the normal flying speed will not get it even if you buy the 280%.

Ok, just tested on my rogue. Only had the 150% speed. Purchased the 280%, then mounted the 310% violet proto and earned the 310% speed skill at the same time. So for now it seems you will get the skill for free as long as you buy the 280%.

1 Like
  • 150% Flying is level 60 (Expert Riding)
  • 280% Flying is level 70 (Artisan Riding)
  • 310% Flying is level 80 (Master Riding)

So if you already have 280% prior to hitting 80, all you have to do is mount the Violet Proto Drake if you have it upon reaching 80 and you will be granted 310 for free. Which is what they said, Artisan Riding is 280.

2 Likes

Always like to double check since blizzard often says 1 thing and does another. <3

3 Likes

Lol I know that’s the truth for sure!

1 Like

Thanks guys. I wonder if riding the violet proto-drake on alts with 280% will still grant 310% speed later in the year cause I’m still missing some of the achievements for the meta one. Guess we’ll see. Thank you all.

Couldn’t honestly tell ya what’s gonna happen down the line, I just know what’s going on right now lol, who knows with these guys.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.