What’s the point of testing?

Ah, so one or two items of concern outta hundreds in the game :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
[Hey guys! Even if there are 1000’s of issues, they fixed these two so they are listening!]

Well, they don’t listen to some feedback.

They become very selective on what they hear when taking feedback.

Prime example is in Shadowlands Alpha / Beta, Shadow Priest got a decent overhaul. But yet they continued to ignore the feedback on the Covenant issues. Only to “fix” it in 9.1.5

Selective hearing!

They have communicated about every single class’ tier set so far.

That was the main thing being tested on the PTR… so I’m not sure what else you were expecting.

The new stuff only just came out this tuesday.

OP wasn’t talking about what is being tested now lol

The real reason is to test for bugs.

They used to do this a lot. They’ll do it for a while, then they’ll start seeing that ALL their ideas cause a lot of friction and they’ll slowly stop bothering, because it’s hard and they probably don’t get paid enough and their co-workers can’t agree on things and nobody knows what to do. And they’ll abandon it altogether and we’ll be back to the same old story.

Same with the community council. It will peter out. People will ask in a year whatever happened to it.

Don’t forget they are currently in a state of pre-reorganizational chaos, as remaining managers jockey for territory and try to find ways not to implement the changes that will stop players from leaving the game.

I have no doubt there is someone making up a list of things that alpha and beta testers think need to be changed. Some will go on the priority list for the .3 patch. Others they will sit on and keep unchanged until it becomes clear that a large number of players are leaving over these “features” that the devs don’t actually want to change. They will come up with a band-aid fix that will help only a few people, and even them not much, and wait to be declared heroes up until implementation, when players start saying, “What is this?”

1 Like

It’s for marketing. They only invite content creators who can post videos and do free advertising for Blizz

No .3 patch.
Just .2.5

Par for the course with Blizz.

They probably just add it to their monthly active user stats to show investors.

Bug testing. They don’t necessarily want feedback on the content.

At a certain point you either balk in the dark or walk away, y’know?

I’m pretty sure they didn’t know there wasn’t going to be a .3 patch when they were getting feedback they didn’t like during the alpha and beta. I’m just talking about generalities here, not this specific expansion.

They actually do. I had the alpha and beta for Legion. I made a toon in there. I a was so excited to make my DH that I made the wrong faction without even looking and entered. So then I logged out and tried to delete it. I could not because I had the Horsemans post or whatever it is called mailed to me. So I posted on the beta forums requesting they add a mailbox to the DH starting zone. I pointed out how there was one in the DK starting zone. Only a few hours later that day, a mailbox was added. So they do listen do us.

And I also got the requirement for players to have to pass silver mode garrison in order to do a heroic in WoD. One of my toons was unable to beat it. All my others could but a tank toon that I had could not. I pointed out how I could tank a mythic but that was stumping me. Everyone has their weakness and mine is certain areas of PvE content. My DH and pally can tank super good but my old guild wanted me to tank on my warrior that I only ever use fury spec on…

They listen if the outcome will help the majority.

Alpha and Beta testing have been proven to be nothing more than marketing tools (at least from the past 4 expansions). The game, its design and the intended grind are already determined before the game ever even hits alpha stage. Blizzard and every other game developer need to be dragged until they change their process.

They do, they just disagree :slight_smile:

Any software you know of on the magnitude of WoW that releases without bugs and issues?

What are “these issues” because looking at

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/632-In-Game-Bugs

I’m seeing bugs

Shadowlands will be ready in 10.0.

What has that have anything to do with it, Ion said they would consider it but that 9.2 is the end of the villain so just assuming how that goes, they have NO REASON to go to 9.3.

Hype. :o/

Blergh.

I mean here is a direct example of them listening to player feedback and making changes almost exactly to the reccomended changes…

Bugs are bugs, they fix what they can but in a live environment other bugs exists and all they can do is work toward fixing them.

Im sure every other game has bugs. In fact:

FF14 - 6.0

• An issue wherein certain graphics do not display correctly in Labyrinthos.
  • An issue wherein progressing to a certain point in the final quest of the Endwalker main scenario prevents progression in the Chronicles of a New Era quest “Gods of Eld.”
  • This issue is scheduled to be addressed in Patch 6.01. Players who wish to complete the quest “Gods of Eld” before the release of Patch 6.01 are advised to do so before accepting the final quest of the Endwalker main scenario.
  • An issue when undertaking the quests “Morbid Motivation” and “Cut from a Different Cloth” wherein completion of a level 80 dungeon via Duty Roulette: Level 50/60/70/80 Dungeons does not count toward quest progression.
  • An issue during certain FATEs in Thavnair wherein spells cast by enemies appear in the battle log much more frequently than intended.
  • An issue when playing as gunbreaker wherein the number of charged cartridges in the Powder Gauge displays incorrectly after disengaging level sync under certain conditions.
  • In the event this issue occurs, it may be resolved by changing jobs, toggling job HUD settings, or logging out and logging back in.
  • An issue when playing as warrior wherein the PvE action Orogeny causes weapons to temporarily appear invisible under certain circumstances.
  • An issue wherein descriptions for the samurai PvE actions Mangetsu and Oka list Fuga as their combo action even after learning the action Fuko.
  • An issue wherein the effect duration listed for the bard action Apex Arrow is incorrect.
  • This issue does not affect the functionality of this action. The correct effect duration is 10 seconds.
  • An issue wherein the description of the status effect “Enhanced Flare” erroneously reads the “next” Flare cast will deal increased damage.
  • An issue wherein the description for the sage action Eukrasia and actions modified by its activation do not state that their recast timers are unaffected by status effects or gear attributes.
  • An issue wherein the descriptions for the reaper PvP actions Blood Stalk, Unveiled Gibbet, Unveiled Gallows, and Grim Swathe are incorrect.
  • Like their PvE action counterparts, these actions share a recast timer with all avatar attacks except Gluttony.
  • An issue in Lord of Verminion wherein certain minion action descriptions state their ATK has a potency of 180, when it is in fact higher.
  • An issue in Lord of Verminion wherein certain poppet minion actions slow the movement of enemies despite their descriptions stating enemies in range are bound for the effect duration.
  • An issue wherein job-specific gear introduced in Patch 6.0 do not include “IL and attributes synced to current job level” in their descriptions.
  • An issue wherein certain potions restore more HP than intended under certain circumstances.
  • An issue wherein the sale price of Competent Craftsman’s Draught, Commanding Craftsman’s Draught, and Cunning Craftsman’s Draught is incorrect.
  • An issue wherein the sale price of items displays incorrectly when toggling the display of high-quality and low-quality item details.
  • An issue wherein the images used for certain Active Help entries are incorrect.
  • An issue wherein entering group pose under certain circumstances causes objects and effects to display incorrectly.
  • An issue when playing the opening movie for Endwalker wherein audio channels are switched, resulting in improper sound balance (PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 only).
  • An issue wherein downloading and applying backed up character settings causes name plates to display with incorrect colors.
  • In the event this issue occurs, we ask that you manually adjust your color settings and back up your character settings again.

This was how 6.0 launched and they let these issues into the live game - you might want to look deeper into ‘no other game has issues’.