What’s the deal with progression?

Brand new player here. Literally less than 3 months. I tried retail and was just completely overwhelmed. No clue what was happening story wise, hero for Aseroth!? No clue what I was doing besides spamming buttons. I currently play on Mankirk classic era. Much better much easier to digest and learn game mechanics, and the story of just being a random adventurer is much more appealing to me.

So I’m confused. Is Classic staying Classic era? I see Wrath is progressing which is cool if I wanted to join something with progression, but tbh I’m just having a blast in era. The experience has been great. So does this version of era stay classic or is there progression coming for some/all servers?

Classic era is staying in one place forever. You can’t move these characters forward and there will be no expansion for them to move to in the future.

5 Likes

Great thanks

This bluepost links the article covering Classic Era’s debut:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of-warcraft-classic-and-burning-crusade-classic-characters-and-realms/

" WoW Classic will direct you to the new Classic Era realms which will have the latest phase of WoW Classic content in it and will not progress into any WoW expansion content."

The future of Classic Era is unknown. Currently we’re playing Phase 6 but there is nothing to say additional phases will not be developed later on. What is certain is that none of retail’s content will be in Classic WoW.

1 Like

Simply; Yes.

Loving it too, Vanilla WoW is BiS.