What’s the best dueling class?

The title pretty much asks it all. In your opinion, what’s the best class at 1v1s - engineering included? If you say a class, I’d also like to know why you think they’re the best.

Warlocks.

They are mushrooms.

8 Likes

spriests too

2 Likes

Well how good are you?

What is your profession?

Ppl will say rogue but if you have a good frost mage it will be who is controlling the fight. With their cd.

Point is any class In the right hands.

For noobs well hunter, rogue, lock, spriest
I would say mage but if you’re bursting u might be dead as well rng.
I say hunter becuz you can use ur pet. Rogue is good but only against noobs if ur a noob.
Each class has a high skill ceiling.

So, no matter what u can lose to any class. You will be stronger against certain spec/classes but professions can bridge the gap and items.

It’s just how do u play?

Kiting? Druid/rogue(sometimes)
Keeping distance and quick burst? Hunter/mage
In your face? Warrior/rogue/Paladin(very high ceiling and shaman)
Standing still mid range? Priest/lock/shaman.

#1 rogue–most CC is on its own DR, not many classes can survive their stunlock+cheap mechanics like bandage+blind(dots can be removed by trinket/posions by antivenom), 2x sprints, things like vanishing deathcoil and scattershots etc…[still wondering how can someone vanish a deathcoil when they are right next to them, there IS NO TRAVEL TIME…#vanishlogic]…gonna get even better with bc w/cheath death+shadowstep+cloak, rogues gonna become unstoppable …many classes in TBC dont even gain new core mechanics and abilties but rogues do

#2 warlock–tanky, does lots of dmg and crazy CC. only problem is people having shadow reflector

#3 ele shaman , 5k nature dmg ezpz

#4 pompyro or pomfrost mage nuff said

there , top 4 dueling classes

I dont follow it personally but there’s the classic duelers league.

All the match’s are up on YouTube, could definitely give you a good idea on which classes are strong in 1v1s

… did u not see spriest win cdl… and not even in ur top 4

1 Like

Rogue 100%. Duel a good rogue and he’ll have full health at the end of the duel, every time

What is the Rogue’s response to Living Action Potion? I imagine it is “Lose” but I welcome being shown otherwise.
EDIT: oh wait, duh Blind

Rogues can still blind, sap, and incapacitate during a FAP. One or two saps and you can wait it out.

I feel like there are actually quite a few classes who have Rogues numbers. Shadow Priests, Warlocks and Mages all pose a pretty serious problem against them, and Hunter can be pretty tough as well. Assuming the skill level were identical, those first three I think beat Rogues more often than not. Warrior can be a problem if you don’t play your cards right and dead zone/bleed them, but if you do everything right, they normally beat Warriors.

If I had to pick a number 1, I’d go with Warlock or S. Priest, with Rogue close behind. Now world PvP is Rogue all the way.

1 Like

Rogue and Warlock are the strongest dueling classes.

ppl say rogue but its not true, its only good against noobs lol.

Best dueling class is orc SL warlock, shadow priest and mage.

Rest of the classes can win but u gotta be good and make plays, those 3 can just press buttons.

3 Likes

“only good against noobs”. Doesn’t matter how good you are, if the rogue opens up on you, you’re dead.

what? as what class?

Doesn’t matter what class/spec you are. If a rogue opens up on you in classic, you’re dead. Absolutely zero question about it.

yea… if ur a noob… lol

6 Likes

Mmk retail. You obviously don’t know anything about classic rogue.

Good hemo stunlock rogue is GOAT. If they get first hit you have no chance!

Warr is hands down the worst, with fury as the most garbage pvp spec. If you can survive the charge and first MS even healers can kill a warr, lol.

lol… i was in a bg with u and we lost st cuz u were afk. maybe ur just afk when a rogue comes cuz they aint that hard

4 Likes