Wet Work quest

Quoted for truth.

Did it on my horde alt with wm on. The target and it’s location changes. Either it despawns after a time or someone kills it and a random new target is chosen.

When I first went in, the target was near the flight master and there were a dozen alliance toons nearby. Decided to look for a group on another realm. Found one and the npc was in a cottage by the path that leads to the azerite quests. The npc was killed before I got there. Quit that group and the target npc was actually in the second floor of the inn now. Easy kill.

1 Like

Shenanigans. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I didn’t really have any trouble last night doing it on my horde toon. But that could be back I am just so pleasant and well mannered. :grinning:

3 Likes

Arom’s stand can be hit or miss depending upon sharding. It is the quest most likely to be camped, especially if Drustvar is the CTA zone, or AOO is up. I’ve done it at times with no alliance resistance, but I’ve also seen it camped relentlessly. The alliance wet work quests don’t even compare.

The NPC’s that see through stealth (watchers) are marked. Watch them and you can easily figure out their path. Blizzard always leaves a way to approach the target.

There is an easy way to escape.

The opposing faction should be guarding the target. That’s part of the game.

I think this is why Blizzard only requires you finish 4 of the 5 quests to complete an Assault. Some of the quests may be too difficult for some players.

3 Likes

Of course, this really is the biggest factor. I still like to think it’s because of my sunny disposition. : )

Oh I don’t doubt this. Seeing as it is the path of least resistance.

Now there are a few zones that have area’s like this for the Alliance as well.

Nah, it’s because of those golden, flowing locks of yours!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I knew they were only being nice just so they could get my hair product secrets.

I don’t think that its necessarily getting camped, but Arom’s stand is Alliance’s central focus during the Drustvar invasion. There is always at least one Alliance assault wq either in the town itself or right next to it. And the final Alliance scenario starts in Arom’s stand.

If some hordie is dumb enough to come into town and make themselves an obvious target of course they are going to get pounced on.

It’s like the horde is serving themselves up as free pie. Who can resist free pie?

So yeah, if you are a careless hordie you’re going to get jumped.

What you described is accurate frequently. That being said, I have definitely seen groups camping the kill target NPC on more than one occasion. They also camp the stealth NPC at the front.

I agree the ones in Nazmir and Voldun are easier than the ones in Zandalar and Drustvar.

There are usually Horde camping the Zandalar one, though, and while there may be Alliance in Drustvar, they are usually busy doing their own quests and ignoring Horde questers. Both factions have quests that can appear near each of the opposing entrances to their Wet Works areas in these zones, but one of the Alliance ones is almost entirely on rooftops and actually acts to draw Alliance away from Horde questers.

If Horde are having more difficulty completing the Drustvar quest, it’s only because Alliance are generally better at world PVP.

Yes. This is true for all the Wet Works quests. Maybe the Horde who are having difficulty with it are unaware of the option to wait for a better location.

You are wrong on all your points and to make you look the fool you are…

1.) Because they are marked is besides the point…alliance does not have them at all. So your point was dumb.

2.) There is no easy way to escape because the south area of the camp is literally walled off and you can only get out via a gate that is lined with guards. The East is a hill side that has dead ends area and steepness that can’t be climbed. The west has a large contingent of troops. (30 to 40) Good luck not dieing o NPCs. The North has lesser number of guards, yet a bunch and channels you into a narrow channel. The placement of the guy you need to kill is usually in the south east corner. Yes right by walls, guards, revealing NPC’s, a flight path so lots of players too. I crushed your 2nd point pretty badly didn’t I.

3.) The enemy faction should be guarding the target. Alliance is the only faction that does this because they have EZ-mode. Also guarding an NPC hoping it is attacked has to be THE worst game design ever. (crushed again)

4.) Yes alliance gets 5 out of 5 easy quests and horde pretty much HAS to do the other ones. What does that mean. The other 4 are camped even more because the 1 horde quest can be literally camped by 1 hunter that snares you and pet attacks you while NPC’s beat you down. Pretty sure 1 hunter could kill 5 horde who cordinated an attack simply because of the NPC involvement.

5.) Guards are now"super" guards with huge health pools. The alliance has way more of them, so that health pool is a huge thumb on the alliance side of the win scale.

You have been crushed.

I’m always crushed.

Keep trying the quest it will get easier.

Good Luck.

2 Likes

If you run to the right of the flight master there is no wall. If you run behind the building that the fight master is in front of there is a path that will take you out of town. If run straight out and to the left you can avoid most of the gaurds.

There is literally a whole post on the horde camping there air ship. It’s war do think your going to waltz into the enemy’s base and not get some kind of resistance. There is an elite mob in a cave just down from arom’s that is almost always camped by the horde.

Yes, in this situation the Alliance have it easier time then the horde. Just like there are zones in which the horde have an easier time.

You do realize that the guards are beefier, because of several horde complaints that they did hit hard enough and weren’t that much of a threat to the gankers.

1 Like

Eh? If you kill the target you get an extra action button for an instant escape.

Sure if you didn’t kill the target you are provided with no such thing, but perhaps death is fitting for you because you have failed us for the last time.

2 Likes

1.) Horde camping airship…agreed stupid design. That is stupid and so is this.

Guards being buffs without adjusting locations and numbers was just buffing the alliance more. Lets do an example using a fictitious power…waaaaa me hordie only have 20 “power” and alliance has “40”. The response is “OK poor hordie here we will double the power for everyone!” Now alliance has an 40 point advantage when they only had a 20 before.

My point. The fix was actually a bigger advantage to the alliance. Maybe if they triple our guards… But go and count them…and measure the area they are in. Alliance has a afar greater density of guards.

Protecting the Alliance NPC in Arom’s is an easy way for Alliance players to get Horde Slayer.

2 Likes

Found out on my scribe that the new blood contract boasts dont stealth with you and can be seen by players.

Buff also cant be removed and the beast cant be dismissed or controlled. Needless to say I wasnt waiting 4 hours to be able to sneak into aroms stand