WET Community Lounge #Eternity

I guess I’ll manage it, but it will be interesting on who I post on the most naturally. I can say ingame I’m always playing rave, I’ve been a warlock forever. Role playing warlocks are a bit harder, we usually are not that sociable. Infact if I were to think of Raveintis’s personality itself, he is quite reserved and willing to watch rather than become involved.

Maybe it’s just me, but I can feel the personality of each character I post as, their personality do Infact determine how and where I post most of the time.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain they’ll make a few tweaks to the forums after they get more data in the next few weeks. Ironing out the bugs that crop up and whatnot.

does likes push you into the next trust level?

It’s not just you, for me each of my characters are different. Where I post How they act and react all depend on the character I’m posting on. Take Jericha, she will not be posting anywhere accept in the IC and OOC RP threads unless she is given permission by Lord Salkeen.

To a extent I believe, I found a great guide from a player from overwatch.

I’m sure Jericha and Salkeen may post in these forums more once their war campaign comes to a victorious end.

2 Likes

For those still confused on Trust Levels and Syntax, this link should prove useful.

It’s not that Jericha cannot post in the forums, It’s that she will not post with out Lord Salkeen’s permission. When It comes to Jericha, I’m like always on RP mode when I’m on her. RP wise Jericha would not do anything without Salkeen’s permission, except fleeing from Isaik. That however is an uncontrolled response from her.

It’s functional, but I wouldn’t mind if a block/ignore option came back.

Also miss being able to check folks armory easily :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For reasons previously outlined, it’s probably not going to happen. However it would be amazing if Blizzard took it upon themselves to customize the forum software to allow ignoring and blocking people.

I dream about hitting powerball too, probably not going to happen either - but nothing wrong in wishing for better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the meantime all anyone can do is flag a post that doesn’t meet the community guidelines and let the moderators take care of it. they have to know that a lot more posts will probably be getting flagged since the blocked or ignored people on the old forums probably didn’t carry over to these forms

1 Like

Not worth having faith in the blizzard mods.

If you have faith in them, awesome.

Me I’ll just quietly lurk if places get too like GD

Life is too short to deal with it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I generally stay out of the drama and send the report(s) to Blizzard if it’s bad enough to warrant it. It’s not often I get grumpy enough to wade into the middle of it.

Yep, drama is fine for lifetime tv, but not wow.

1 Like

It seems we can now block people from viewing our armories. It a per character thing, I can have it so everyone can see Izzabelle’s armory while blocking others from seeing like Yumara’s.

The blocking feature might be the reason you are having trouble viewing some of the characters armories. You cannot even view your other characters armories if they are set to private.

1 Like

I know the ins-and-outs of the system that these forums run on. so I know that a lot of work with went into setting up the guidelines and setting up the reporting and flagging system. And honestly, that is a lot of work to put into something if they’re not going to take reports seriously and deal with flagged posts

Ty Izzy

I’ll see if I have some setting defaulting to private

1 Like

Sadly you have to check each character individually.

Change to the character you want to check. You can only change the preferences of the character you are on

When you click on your portrait in the upper right hand corner, you will get a drop down. Click the gear right beneath the portrait. It will open up a page that has summary, activity, notifications and preferences. Click preferences then interface and make sure hide my public profile isn’t checked :slight_smile:

Well, at least something in this xpac can be said to have a lot of work put into it
/giggle
Personally I had a less bad story line and making prot warriors somewhat less of a tanking trainwreck higher on my wish list than emojis in the forum - but hey, some folks are happy - so this is good :slight_smile:

And Bliz has a million or so customers, they are not going to please everyone.

Ignore shuts down a problem now.

Without knowing the background set up I’m going to guess it’s safe to assume the flagging system is not as instantaneous and relies on judgement down stream.

If you have faith in this - good, i have no desire to deny you happiness :slight_smile:

It’s just not for me.

1 Like

Yeah, this does seem to be a surprisingly character based set up and not account.

When I was exploring earlier I was capped on my gnome, but could still post on nelfs.

For the armory, I could see my warrior, but not much else