Weren't Layers Supposedly like a Light Switch?

Nice.

1 Like

You could be right, but I’m pretty sure thats incorrect. Thinking back to when layering did exist when classic came out, we still had massive que times when there was several layers on each server. I hardly doubt layering increases server population caps. If you use Photoshop, it would be easier to explain.

I am right, you are incorrect.

1 Like

The issue isn’t that they can’t turn layering back on. They just don’t want to. It was meant to absorb the launch population, and that’s it. At this point they expect you to spread out. If you don’t, then you’ll sit in queue.

1 Like

This makes a lot of sense. Honestly though, at this point I think we’d be better off if they just temporarily despawned all world bosses and brought back layering to increase server caps until the pandemic gets under control and people start going back to work.

According to what Blizzard said back then there were two caps, a layer cap at which point they’d create another layer and a server cap which the sum of all the people on the layers couldn’t go over.

Eventually, as the tourists left, Blizzard spun down the amount of layers and also lowered the server cap a bit. However, they left the servers quite a bit larger than they were in Vanilla.

1 Like