We're not making enough noise about layering

Yes because blizzard kept adding more and more and more servers.

Was the long term result of that good? Are dead realms good?

1 Like

That’s not really true, most are hosted outside of the reach of their legal teams, best they can do is ask nicely.

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that, bud.

You went from doomsaying to blind optimism real quick.

You’re assuming everyone’s just going to stop playing, which by accounts, is highly unlikely.

Everyone? No, but a lot of people will.

They literally cannot do anything from a legal stand point, this isn’t opinion, it’s fact regardless of how you feel about it.

I think blizzard is right and you are wrong about when the biggest influx is but it really doesn’t matter if it is at the start or the end because they will still need crowd control in the game.

And you are wasting your time if you think they will change it now if you spam enough threads.

I do hope they consider adding dynamic respawn rates like they originally had but I suspect that is probably too late as well.

Uhh. . nope

Have fun with that.

And what you tell your kids about breaking the law? Thats on you.

TOS and IP is serious my friend. .

Stop making unrealistic accusations about absurd possibilities and you won’t be labeled as fear mongering?

Stop trying to convince strangers on the internet about your paranoid, misinformed opinions.

It’s not working very well and you need to recognize it.

Based on all existing evidence, though there may be minor drop off it is very unlikely that we’ll see a die off on the scale to make the current numbers for layering make sense, if there were only 2 or 3 layers per server I’d be less concerned but from my understanding they want to cram 30k people into one server which is bound to create issues later than that.

Vanilla ended up with a huge number of low pop servers. That was not because of a minor drop off.

1 Like

Personal attacks are not an argument, if anything it’s an admission of defeat.
Legal text is not subject to my opinion and you can’t sue someone in Russia for violating American copyright law.

Nope, but that’s not at all what I was saying - I was saying people complain about everything all the time, regardless how little or big - and it’s all fear mongering until the game is released and that is true. We’re in beta, bugs and exploits are there to be found and fixed. And to say layering is community/game breaking is just ridiculous. WoW today has a community and there’s sharding, which is basically just bigger, auto-layering. And layering is necessary. Which as you put it:

Who gives a damn about Russian private servers?

Nobody, and nobody is going to miss a bunch of dirty Russians anyhow.

simple fix. don’t click on the forum post. lmao

2 Likes

You can if you have them extradited.

So, can I get this correct? You come to a blizzard owned and run forum and threaten us all with dooms day messages and say you will play on an illegal server if you dont get your way?

Is that the takeaway. Just want to be sure we get the full statement.

Or maybe we’ve had enough of these posts? I mean, on the flip side, you guys flame and berate and report anyone who posts things you don’t want to see either.

1 Like

This is 100% an opinion, I’ve seen several servers launch with 10k+ and do just fine after a couple days even before spawn rates were altered. I’ll agree we cannot confirm beyond all doubt that what I’m saying is true but there is substantial evidence and it is perfectly reasonable to assume so based on what we know.

With or without layering there will be low pop servers, it’s not something caused by initial player counts and not being able to log in but people burning out over time, that being said there were still ques for the larger servers and placing more people into them using layering would only exaggerate the issue even more so. I would prefer having seperate servers that end up merged if at the end of phase 1 we see them dieing off but craming 30k people into one realm with continent wide sharding wouldn’t really solve any problems long term, it’s a bandaid for a gunshot wound.

1 Like

Or… they could do the logical thing… and make a couple more servers and offer free transfers onto them. Sounds a lot easier than not having layering, have some servers die out, and having to merge them.

Layering is for EARLY player flow. And if they have a heck-ton of players after layering is going to get yoinked, they make some extra servers and let some folks migrate off. Problem. Solved.

2 Likes