We're not making enough noise about layering

I’d say the large majority of people were against the changes they’ve made to PvP vendors and class pruning but they didn’t listen at the time eiher.

It’s temporary.

Actually I could easily see them keeping it for more than Phase 1. They already budged on their original position of just the starting zones. What happens when the servers are way more populated then they expect at the end of Phase 1? I don’t see them forcing people to server transfer or anything when they could just keep layering. It allows servers to take in way more people than is natural and when they remove it they will have to deal with those consequences.

2 Likes

Then you can kick up a stink at that time, you’ll even have those of us who are okay with it as long as it’s temporary joining you, what you don’t want to do is alienate those people by insulting them in some way, because then they wont help you out of spite
and when i say kick up a stink i mean a big stink like Real ID fiasco of a stink get twitter/reddit everybody involved make sure they know that you don’t want this. you have to make it a PR nightmare.
( i’m using you in a general sense here)

So you don’t know how layering works.

You mean the army of faceless ghosts you’ll never meet again because of the constant layer hopping that’s going to happen from grouping and relogs?

Such a great community building model.

5 Likes

IDK how nuclear weapons work, I guess if i argued against everyone stockpiling and arming even 3rd world nations with them that im just not qualified enough to speak on it.

dang.

There’s also very similar ideas on the forums here by other people.

1 Like

If that’s your attitude twoards the people you run into then you were never going to form a community in the first place. a forced community isn’t a community at all.

I’m not sure if your rebuttal was at all relevant to my post. Are you saying that, hypothetically, if I never meet someone I helped kill a pack of gnolls with in Redridge ever again even if we quested at the time in the same zones, but on different layers, it would be my fault for the failed sense of community?

Am I required to friend each and every single person I meet now just so I can make sure I know if they’re in the same zone as me because we’re going to be invisible to each other?

@OP not to rain on your parade but your pleas fall on deaf ears I mean players have rallied against CRZ since day one and even now it still is a hot topic yet Blizzard has done little to nothing in response

The layers are temporary, if you don’t want to befriend someone, or join an outside source like discord that is your problem and your fault not blizzards, the community exsist but if you’re going to make arbitrary failure points like ‘’ well they’re in a different phase than me right now so they don’t exsist’’ of course your ‘‘community’’ is going to fail.

So you are saying that it’s going to be my fault if I don’t play or interact with people I can’t see or read chat from in the actual game. Gotcha.

You haven’t rallied loud enough. Again i point to Real:ID being an instance where speaking very loudly got something done.

Yes, it is your fault, because you can do it outside of the game. if they’re not there and you never met them then they don’t exist, i’ve never been to mexico but i don’t think mexico doesn’t exist and theirfore i am incapable of communicating with someone from mexico…

The rallying cry is soon to be heard, you can count on that, not enough people know about what layering is, but now after the stress tests, a lot more information is known now. By release these types of topics are going to be huge on the forums, not even just US forums they are getting bigger on EU forums and reddit as well.

Is your tone with you can count on that supposed to imply that i’m on blizzards side of the argument?

Not necessarily, no. But if you are not you are going about it in a weird way.

That’s because you think in black and white terms for or against no middle ground.

Absolutely, it would be better to change course now when there’s still time.

I’ll say that i’m 100% aware they are in a tough spot atm, and i don’t envy them for it. But there are choices, all of which are gonna piss a lot of people off.

Do they piss off and alienate their core audience by using a retail-like tech in their old beloved game for the purpose of attempting to please new people (who’re not gonna play the same game they think it is)?

Or do they piss off the new or curious people (tourists), who have little enough interest in the game to drop it the moment they get into a 30 min queue at launch?
(which old WoW’s launches and overall success doesn’t suggest that at all to be an important factor, in fact queues didn’t matter in the big picture https://i.imgur.com/6gZmpNj.png )

I dare say the choice is clear. There’s alternatives not involving layering i posted earlier here that still address Blizzards concern, without sacrificing the games integrity/authenticity that it depends on to be successful.

2 Likes

What’s the middleground? Temporary layering? I feel like that’s what you’d say.

You’re also not very good with nuance either, unsuprising. you’re also insulting. again unsurprising. i’m not in your little us v them war and i don’t care about your fight against the man.

And i don’t know what the true middle ground would be, but i know that your extreme my way or the highway way of thinking is desruptive to proper discussions.