We're not making enough noise about layering

They have altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it any further.

3 Likes

layering needs to be removed entirely.

2 Likes

I just wish they would at least make a compromise of some sort. I think the idea to have some layering servers and some non layering servers is a good idea.

3 Likes

The problem is your faulty logic OP.
If your side really was the majority (and that’s what you’re pinning your desires for a change to how layering is going to work) then they would already have made noise.

Fact is most people are probably apathetic and just don’t care.

Its NOT permanent so stop.

1 Like

@Velquez, feel free to add this link to your OP if you like. It contains many of the Layering exploits and problems that people have recorded so far.

1 Like

I just added it. Thank you!

I just watched the 10+ Minutes of Layering Affecting Gameplay (Classic WoW Beta) video you linked to and I’m pretty alarmed because this seems no different from sharding.

Before watching that, the only reason why I wanted layering gone was because I wanted that authentic launch experience with all the chaos therein. Now I’m honestly having second thoughts about playing Classic at all.

At least it’s only going to be temporary.

Sorry for being “to the point.”

If you want I can blow smoke out my rear like a Blizz PR agent and try to make it smell like rainbows.

Yeh that video opened my eyes as well. I was already on the fence about the whole deal to begin with.

Also how sure are you of it being temporary? I have no reason to trust acti-blizz as they aren’t exactly known for keeping their word. 6 Months an $75 in whose to say they don’t just leave it in out of pure laziness? I mean they already got paid right?

I trust Blizz’s stated aim and intent more than I trust your paranoid, sky-is-falling predictions tbh

Do you really think they are going to collapse 12k players into 3K in the first few weeks on every server?

If so, they are going to royally **** the heavily populated servers with massive ques. If not, then this whole promise to end layering in the first few weeks is BS.

Cause not everyone care’s and know WHY we need it unlik epeople who never played vanilla

So what’s your solution? Royally f*ck everyone from day one with even bigger server queues?
Or make a ton of servers to handle launch day pressure and watch half of them die as all the tourists leave?

If you are going to layer - I would go for static layers and if that isn’t feasible no layering in the 30+ zones.

My point is that that highly doubt Blizzard removes layering in the first 2 months. Who knows - maybe they will stick people in ques right around the time when people are hitting the raids.

Look, if you want to convince yourself, against all available evidence, that Blizz wont remove layering then fine; worry about that to your hearts content.

Just please stop using an baseless fear that Blizz are just going to keep layering post-phase2 as some kind of justification of a far worse system like unplayable launch queues or too many servers for long-term game health.

I think they will remove layering before phase 2. Just don’t think this is going to happen in the first two months of the game.

And when they remove it, people on the high pop servers aren’t going to like the ques.

The devs explained how it was supposed to work, but that isn’t what is happening in reality. People should not be phased for not reason.

You are supposed to be on a layer and only phase if zoning off the continent or added to a group.

That is how layering was explained, so yeah we do know, unless Omar lied to us.

That may prove to be true, but bad Q’s in phase 2 > unplayable Q’s from launch

And frankly the long-term server pops are far more of an issue. They are of far more concern to myself and many others than the downsides of phase 1 layering

I appreciate your intelligent and well-thought out points but I don’t think it can be removed. It’s a hardcoded piece of the engine and frankly betas are just to fix minor bugs, very rarely do betas result in the total overhaul of a game. There’s a lot more to it than simply removing layering and similar features.

The truth is core development has probably be done for months and they’re not about to take time to change something like this which was probably ordered done to the product by people way higher up the chain of command to whom saying no means not just losing your job but never getting a job in the industry again. Quite simply given the economy in California these guys probably aren’t feasibly able to or are simply not made of the stern stuff required to dig their heels in even if they feel as strongly about it as we do.

1 Like