Welp, This Happened

It’s not very effective.

I will not be silenced by the Gobstablishment.

6 Likes

the aaa gaming industry was a mistake

1 Like

Bellular had a really informative video on the layoffs this week. Apparently it looks like Microsoft is targeting most of the customer support people who were still in-house (I honestly didn’t think we had any of those since opening a ticket is pretty automated and you can’t reach anyone by phone or email anymore), and the team for battle.net who were apparently in Austin.

If they’re going after battle.net as a redundancy, we might be seeing Blizz products being run through Xbox Game Pass.

1 Like

Just play Overwatch. You’ll appreciate WoW a lot more.

…I enjoy a (un)healthy amount of schadenfreude as much as the next undead but even I have standards.

I would if I could. Overwatch 2 is such a steaming pile of :poop:

I don’t care for Overwatch 2, either.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of my beefs with WoW are reflected and magnified in OW–a class structural that’s hierarchal, 90% of the game falling outside the meta being pointless, shallow-as-hell representation with zero characterization, supports Blizzard, causes flies to appear, that sort of thing.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Any time Blizzard needs some quick PR points a new character comes out.

They also have that fun representation tool which everyone really really loved.

Overwatch has never been my jam. I don’t want to play an online game / MMO where I can’t make my own character.

1 Like

Looks like Blizzard’s new president is an Activision executive, which is wonderful and fits in great with their philosophy of letting Blizzard do its own thing.

It’s so over.

also did 12 years with the NFL

were about to see some brand new Mountain Dew commercials

Can’t wait to recover my HP and Mana with a Doritos Locos Healing Pack® now just $3.99 in your World Of Warcraft Priority Action Online Store™

Anduin’s going to get a Travis Kelce-style makeover after he recovers from his trauma through the War Within, and he will meet a strong, independent, popstar sensation named Taytay Swiff who quickly becomes his queen waifu when he’s not smashing 49 orc warriors into the ground all on his own.

But for real, who cares who the next president is? This changes nothing.

3 Likes

When the Angy Twink pulls out the Uno Reverse card …

In a more serious take, this makes me incredibly depressed. We knew layoffs were coming but gutting these specific departments leads me to believe we’re going to full automation in certain chunks of Blizzard’s departments, and total automation never gorram works.

Automation is meant to assist people, not replace them. We’re nowhere near being able to use total automation, be it AI or otherwise, without it inevitably failing and causing even more chaos in the process.

And on a highly unfair note, the moment they mentioned her role with Call of Duty …

Oh God, please no. The last thing WoW needs is the mentality behind the low-effort regurgitation that is the Call of Duty franchise. Especially considering WoW’s downfall in terms of story came about in-part because the main Devs and Team Leaders would push for E-Sports and the Bill Cosby Suite, and would basically abandon their team to go play shooters like CoD instead of doing their actual jobs.

1 Like

You can’t make a dystopia where everyone owns nothing without breaking a few eggs.

1 Like

The only two real things I read about her that make me hope she’s FRFR.

She grew up playing Zelda, Mario and sang in a choir with Queen Latifah.

She has my vote.

I mean, she also seems really into building a community within whatever organization she’s working with. Considering the nonsense environment that’s been hanging around Blizz the past years, I am sure for those who remain employed by them, that might be a welcome change.

2 Likes

ppl who play overwatch talking about overwatch: “i hate this. everything about this sucks. why does anyone play this.”

ppl who play hots talking about hots: “i love this game. why is it gone.”

conclusion: shelf the overwatch team and bring back hots.

2 Likes

Usually when I get the itch to play Overwatch, I repeatedly yell “LET ME LOVE YOU” at my screen in increasing frustration. I want to enjoy that game again so badly, but its current iteration makes it so hard.

We should revisit this in six months…

1 Like