Welp, feral went from terrible to the worst

Obviously sims are an indication of potential and individual performance is always going to vary.

The issue with looking at logs this week is that, unless everyone had a spare set of crit / mastery gear in their bags, it won’t be all that accurate as the majority of people are still using the old haste build.

Mythic raiders are like 1% of the WoW population, therefore their experiences are irrelevant for the vast majority of us.

Uh, wrong. It’s the exact opposite. Community perception is formed by looking at mythic raiders and high io mythic+ players, everything else becomes irrelevant to the community perception.

When people go to warcraftlogs to see which specs are doing good, what’s the default chart that is shown? Mythic raids. That’s what everyone sees. No one bothers going to heroic or normal logs to look at those, even if that’s the difficulty they do, so heroic/normal logs are what’s irrelevant.

When people go to io to see which specs are top for mythic+? Who are they looking at? The top 1%.

When people go to watch WoW streams, who are they watching? Mostly mythic raiders and similarly high skilled players. So whose opinions are people hearing about class balance, about what to bring to raids and mythic+? The top %. Go to one of the method players streams and look at chat you’ll see a constant stream of “what spec should i play for x raid/mythic+?” Now even though the person asking is obviously probably too noob for it to even matter what spec he’s playing, it still shows you that all people care about is what the top % have to say and the power those top players/streamers have over community perception and who is going to get invited to what.

This is how community perception is formed… through the activities and results of the top because that is all anyone is bothering to look at through streams, stats, websites, etc. So it’s literally the opposite of what you say. The normies and their performance are what’s irrelevant. Even though it’s silly for that heroic raid pug, or that low mythic+ pug leader to invite only based on what the “meta” of what the top % is doing, that is exactly what happens, like it or not.

Besides, that, feral is still at the bottom of heroic logs too anyway so even going by your logic, they still suck. :slight_smile:

PS- Anyone who actually thinks a changed stat priority accounts for 3k dps feral is behind the top specs, is off their rocker. Go try it, go switch some rings, switch some enchants, switch some gems to new stats. You’ll maybe gain a few hundred dps at most. Not 3k.

1 Like

The new optimal feral build is benchwarmer

6 Likes

Actually that’s the same spec as before

1 Like

Im sick of seeing you trying to justify this change you PVE casual. Look at the Fk up! Feral is in yet another worse state!. PVP is ruined due to trying to implement “aoe” which ended up taking up a TALENT ROW, not a slot a ROW, when all was needed was for numbers to be adjusted on thrash and swipe to solve the aoe epidemic, energy is still garbage, we are performing worse now on sims than we were on 8.0, PTR numbers proved we were going to be worse before live even hit. All you really got added to your tool is a row dedicated to AOE, nothing else changed. Your still energy starved, your single target is still negligible, savage roar is still providing a medicore damage buff, costing combo points, energy and I think taking up a gcd(not sure), with a crappy energy regen buff that wont do anything to compliment the entire toolkit when it could simply just be made into a passive called “Kitty Adult” that gives you a passive 10% damage increase and 10% energy regen, watever. Now that bleeds are ramped down and biting is the damage, it’s going to feel that the spec should be played more actively and spammy now, which is going to be impossible with energy starvation, and blood talons is still a thing wtf? This spec needs to be scraped or fixed asap, im sorry, I know ur loyal to blizzard or watever or keeping things positive, but a fk up is a fk up and something is clearly a miss when the entire grove is in tears.

5 Likes

I’m not justifying anything, I personally dislike the direction they have taken the spec and would much prefer to be focused around bleeds than direct damage. My being ‘PVE Casual’ has no bearing on the fact that the direct damage build is currently performing ok - in sims. There are so few mythic parses of feral druids at the moment I don’t see how you can draw any conclusions about this.

There were many people on this board practically begging blizzard for an AoE finisher, so they gave us one. The neutered Rip to do it, but they did it. For me they need to bring the damage distribution down from Bite and buff Rip’s base damage considerably, I’ll leave the actual numbers tuning to others that know better.

i mean even if they are going to do a number pass when will it be usually they wait 2 weeks but 2 weeks from 8.1 release is Christmas basically the following week is basically new years so only a month of waiting for a number pass on the 8.1 patch that was supposed to fix Feral. I wish I could ask them why they cant do anything correctly when it comes to Feral its a failure after failure with them they should literally be embarrassed at the fact that they cant do something right but then again maybe they just don’t care.

Why is everyone in an uproar…we’re used to this relax. It’s not like we were good before just get over it… Either re-roll or shut up, at this point you’re just doing it to yourselves by either paying for sub and playing feral, or just playing feral and refusing to switch because you “love the spec” but also want to complain.
You know blizzard sorry, activision doesn’t give two craps. Play fotm or unsub… Now all you morons that said WAIT TILL 8.1 are gonna go WAIT till 8.2 then WAIT TILL 9.0… like come on…I don’t mean to sound rude but get real

This is a really… well, for lack of a better word, dumb perspective

5 Likes

I am leveling my druid as feral and its ability to kill mobs at has gotten worse after the patch. Is this for real right now? How can they possibly justify keeping the spec this dysfunctional? Does no one in the development team care any more? What the f is this?

Feral has been in a bad spot at the beginning of the last two expansions. Heavy sigh

I really hope Blizzard makes a tuning pass and buffs our single target damage before the next tier. But, in case they don’t, I’m leveling a demon hunter which feels amazing to play in comparison.

It’ll take a complete overhaul, it’s beyond repair, sad

1 Like

Just throw away the whole spec lol

that’s what the problem was! all These PVE Ferals complaining about their AoE when they have decent Single target made the whole Spec trash! No one wants to bring a Feral to PVP or PVE now their damage is awful!

2 Likes

ugly troll hush boy

It was easy for me… i just canceled my sub the day it went live… also the day my renewal would kick in.

1 Like

And you would be right! Nice call

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/tuning-adjustments-december-18/48561

That’s not true. Feral was good in WOTLK and Antorus. That is at least 3 tiers of raiding across 15 years.

7% does nothing… literally…

4 Likes

Yeah but if you didn’t have the lego ring as Feral you were nothing more than the raid’s mascot.