Well, when you're right, you're right!

Different situation.
They didn’t highjack a broadcast to spread that message.
They just stood there with sings.

Read what Blizzard just put out.

Blitz actively and intentionally co-opted the platform to spread a political message, big nono.

6 Likes

Exactly. I mean, the guy is a Hearthstone Pro, he could have spread this all over his own social media and it would have been fine. The way he chose to do it was just out of line.

7 Likes

Correlation =/= equal causation

2 Likes

Idk how to quote on mobile, but if what this person said if true, they do have a good point.

2 Likes

The situation was different.
The losing team passively stood with signs as the camera panned to them then panned away.
They didn’t come up to the anchor to give what was supposed to be a speech about the tournament and then do a political speech.

Context is important.

4 Likes

you can also apparentely do link w/o trust 3 by using ’ before and after a link.

https://www.wowhead.com/

2 Likes

Dude, I love ya!

2 Likes

“The guy” is also in danger of losing his freedom. I feel like a lot of people have done much worse to fight for their freedoms.

1 Like

By the way, currently giving a speech right now, is the American president, praising China and making a deal with China!

1 Like

I love the forums.

“Well guys, they said China had nothing to do with it, so case closed, stop being so angry” lol you guys are children.

12 Likes

Hey, you show me proof and you’re good to go.
Until then, just speculation.

1 Like

Weak response late on a Friday. They are totally hoping this goes away like a fart in the breeze. Standard corporate burial of problems 101 strategy at work.

13 Likes

“We want a statement.”

Blizzard gives statement.

“NOT THAT STATEMENT!”

14 Likes

Kneejerkers gonna kneejerk.

1 Like

There is no hard proof. Something can be extremely obvious, like what the NBA is doing, and still not have hard proof. Things like this are incredibly hard to prove satisfactorily but they’re still obvious. The Diablo Immortal fiasco was also an obvious China move with no hard proof or admission from Blizzard.

I love Blizzard so much and it’s heartbreaking to see them put monetary interest above their loyal fans like me. You’re deeply in denial though if you don’t realize this was absolutely about not stepping on the toes of a gigantic market for Blizzard.

8 Likes

Geez you guys complain when someone is punished and you complain when they don’t. Why don’t you do us all a favor and just quit Blizzard games if they are so terrible.

7 Likes

https://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/i-dont-know-it-for-a-fact-i-just-know-it-to-be-true.jpg

3 Likes

Blizzard has always been about making money.
If you actually think that a company has ever actually cared about you as an individual, you’re incredibly mistaken.

6 Likes

I hate to say this, but Blizzard before Activision bought them out, had a semblance of that. And I’m a hardcore capitalist that looooooves making money. But, alas, I still put my money where i feel a company holds an ethos that i do. Blizzard used to…Activision on the other hand , pulling the strings behind blizzard, not so much these days.

2 Likes

What kind of lame argument is this? Literally no one asked for a statement where they blatantly lie and don’t acknowledge their wrongdoing at all.

6 Likes