Well that was fun

• Arcane
    • Clearcasting is now learned at level 10 (was level 11).
    • Mastery: Savant’s Arcane Barrage damage bonus increased by 100%.
    • Mastery: Savant’s Arcane Blast damage bonus increased by 50%.
    • Arcane Barrage damage reduced by 8%.
    • Arcane Blast damage reduced by 6%.
    • Arcane Familiar damage increased by 50%.
    • Magi’s Spark now has a 2 second grace period after the initial Arcane Missiles proc where the caster will continue to echo Arcane Missiles damage.
    • Fixed an issue where Magi’s Spark damage echo windows for Arcane Missiles and Arcane Barrage were shorter than Touch of the Magi’s duration.
    • Fixed an issue preventing Energized Familiar from granting Mana.
    • Fixed an issue that was allowing the last stack of Nether Precision to be double-dipped by spell-queueing.

Where’s the link for this because I can’t find it.

on beta forums

Oh, so basically tuning once we get H talents and are 80 with bis gear. Why are we already whining about things that’s not going to happen for another 2-3 months. Yall don’t even know how this is going to pan out but here we are WHINING about it.

And nothing of value was lost today.

ppl are always whining lol

plus there are ppl playing on beta , with raid gear, so its gonna happen today when ppl test new changes , there are logs for beta too. So is just matter of time

The Nether Precision change just killed the rework and removed all complexity from Arcane, the spec relied on spellqueuing Barrage and now that’s gone rendering all the new talents designed around Charge generation and Barrage damage useless.

If you want a more in depth explanation just read the list of over 80 comments from people on the beta feedback post for Mage as to why this is a terrible change for the spec.

1 Like

The double dip into nether precision is a huge loss. It basically means you never want to barrage and only blast. It completely eliminates the fun playstyle we were excited for. I’d advise watching preheats mage videos as he is an expert in the class

The nether percussion change is a huge change to the PLAYSTYLE. It literally makes the rework null and void and requires you to only blast and never barrage. Barrage is now a dps loss. Please educate yourself on mage currently

I’m holding on for hope they revert the change because it has most certainly caused a lot of concern with everyone. But blizzard also seem extremely stubborn right now especially since they’ve made so many stupid changes people aren’t happy with but double down still

There was a buff to Barrage dmg per Arcane Charge, no? I think saw that change watching a Supatease video on youtube.

I guess this was never intended :frowning:

That assumes Arcane has/had/will have any fun playstyle.

Already watched it my dude. It was a 25-minute of mess, where he literally had to slow down certain parts of the rotation just to explain what’s happening there. Once again you need Evocate and set up stuff way before pull, Arcane Charge RNG generation and your rotation depending on what and how many charges you lucked out. You have to get all sort of Weak auras AGAIN, just to track all the new procs.
All is nice, until you go into a high keystone/mythic where you have to do movement in addition to all of this. I know that Preheat any other min-maxing etc can do it, but the average mage won’t. And it’s kinda funny and sad that you have to do all this mumbo jumbo to do DPS meanwhile classes like BM Hunter exist and out damage you with twice less effort.

1 Like