Welcome to Warcraft - Frequent Questions

tldr way too much nonsensical dribble

1 Like

If you point out specific places where the guide could be improved, I know the OP would be happy to clarify them. And you’re always welcome to submit your own guide for consideration.

3 Likes

This guide helped me so much! Thanks, Frejya ^^ Also, nice name!

1 Like

You are quite welcome! And thanks :wink:

1 Like

Is there a forum guide? Specifically one that tells me how to quote another? I searched and this is what kept coming up.

Maybe I missed it…if so, please forgive me.

2 Likes

That thread was left as a sticky in General when the forums were changed last November, but it’s just sorta there if you know to look for it. Main way to quote is to highlight the text you’re responding to, and a little “quote” tooltip will pop up. I don’t remember how to nest quotes, I think it’s mentioned in that thread though.

1 Like

Thank You!

1 Like

So have things changed so much in BfA that talents can’t be changed by being in a rested area or using tomes to allow for switching them? You have to reset all of your talents or none now? That’s awful!

1 Like

what addons

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,
I am still new to the game and I just got my first “hated” in my reputation log. Not sure what I did, but mostly I want to know if I can redeem myself. Is it possible?
Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Depends on who the rep is with. Some are rivals of another faction, and aligning yourself with one (or simply increasing your rep) will set the other to “Hated.” Aldor and Scryers in Shattrath, and Bloodsail Buccaneers and Booty Bay in Stranglethorn, are the two most commonly encountered like that.

Others start out “Hated” the first time you interact with them, such as Bloodsail Buccaneers, and the Syndicate in Hillsbrad and Arathi Highlands. wow.gamepedia.com has information on why and how to increase rep with any of the factions.

2 Likes

and are these legal to use it won’t get me banned will it like the bag one looked cool but i got scared to dl it

Addons from twitch/curse and Wowinterface are vetted by those sites. If Blizzard objects to one of the addons they host, blizzard breaks the offending functionality.

Addon users are not penalized unless they use an addon to explicitly exploit some bug in the game.

1 Like

I am very new to Wow. I have a Blood Elf Warlock that has hit level 20, and she has completed all the quests she had… Now I am at a loss of what to do… or where to go. What is the next level of play, and where should she go to obtain more quests? I played EQ and then EQ2 for 15 years so I understand mmorpg… but have really gotten to like and enjoy WOW… just stuck right now. I also have a level 15 Priest Blood Elf, and don’t want to be in the same position when she hits 20… Guess I sound pretty dumb, but any help you all could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

1 Like

One of the icons on your display is an Adventure Guide which will have bread crumb quests to take you to an appropriate zone for questing. The bread crumbs are also available from a Warchiefs board in major cities.

During the blood elf questline for killing mobs in the tower next to the shore, you should have gotten a necklace drop which starts a quest to take you to Undercity.

To get to the portal to Undercity, head for Silvermoon and go to the back of the city until you see a ramp with a red carpet and two lines of guards on it. Go up the ramp and keep going back and upwards in the building until you see a big pink ball. Click the ball to get ported to the courtyard outside Undercity.

When you leave the room the portal is in within the courtyard, you can take a left and exit the courtyard. Two towers will be ahead. The first platform on the left tower will have a portal to Orgrimmar on the other continent.

Taking a right, will lead you into Undercity itself. Check your minimap and keep angling towards the center. Once there, you will see two abominations guarding a door to an elevator. When the door opend, hop in and run across to the opposite door which will open in Undercity proper once the elevator travels there.

Personally, I would recommend getting into Undercity and picking up the flight point there, then heading back to the elevator and exiting the city by generally zig-zagging north until you exit the city and leave the courtyard.

Then take a left onto the main road in front of the two towers and run through Tirisfal glades and Silvermoon Forest until you hit the border with Hillsbrad.
A quest giver at the border will offer you a level 20 quest called “Welcome to the Machine”.

Welcome to the Machine turns you into a quest giver for three wow stereotype players. You then do a series of quests to assist them in Hillsbrad. It’s an amusing series of quests.

Updated for Shadowlands :slight_smile: Chose not to dump Chromie time into this, as it’s lengthy enough as-is. Just need to check the level unlock req for Arch. I know there’s nothing new for it this expac.

This is my first time responding to a topic. I have a problem that I cannot reply to any other topics than this one and the technical support one. Any idea how I can deal with this

There’s a problem with the authentication servers at the moment affecting both game and forum access. it is being worked on.

The Customer Service, Tech Service, and player to player support forums such as this one do not require authentication.

I haven’t played for a couple of years and, of course, things have changed. The secondary professions used to be in your spell book, but I don’t see any professions there. How does this work now? It’s not in your newbie profession section.

1 Like